MADK - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Fed-Kun's army
I have a few questions but at the same time I don’t since I can guess the answers to them. Is mako still working as a runner (aka just helpin out) or is he working with actual clients now like Fjord? Also him being able to call Datenshou by his name is kinda nice since it means mako isn’t scared of him anymore! Poor D-san though, at least I’ll feel bad when he figures that out.

Dex-chan lover
@mootmar
He must be doing the same work as Fjord now, he even has a similar coat (or is that the same coat?)

Just before the reveal I had been thinking that time must pass by faster in the demon world.. but ok 10x slower it is.

Fed-Kun's army
I’m pretty sure it’s a different coat. I could be wrong though.

I'm not a huge fan of this 1 demon year=10 human years thing. 10 years is a long time for humans, and society can advance a long way during that time. How do the demons keep up with the desires of humanity? One year someone's willing to sell their soul for a drink of clean water, ten years later they want to be an Instagram influencer. Will occult books even exist in the year 4000? Who's gonna still believe in demons? Although I guess since they provably exist there's no reason to doubt they exist? Like those stories where Santa is real but adults still insist he isn't? Like, da fuck do you think keeps giving your kid presents each year? You think that poor single mom won't notice that little Timmy suddenly got that Xbox she couldn't afford? But, I digress. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

@daallday
On one hand, this kind of time difference would be fitting as mythical beings are assiciated with the past and archaic notions. So it would mean they just change slower. On the other hand, these guys are 19th century style or something, not THAT backwards. But then, either way, in real life stories about a deal with a devil have been known at least for about 1500 years, and occult tradition still persists in some way)

Wow, I'm surprised Mako didn't realize how much time had past. He's lucky it's only been 30 yrs & J, although twisted, did tell him from the beginning, he thrives off his pain & suffering yes? He's still in transition, how can he expect anything less from him.

Thanks o much for the translation/update!

Users who are viewing this thread