Magic Kaito - Ch. 37 - Green Dragon (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
It's back and it has LORE!!!
You can tell Gosho knows his fans with that joke about her being dead!
This breaks SO many fanfics! GAH!!!

I need to calm down before my old heart gives out...

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! So happy to see it!

That sudden mother introduction 😅 why both mangas the main girl have both parents in law industry.

For anyone wondering, the new chapter is to promote Detective conan movie where Kaito kid will appear.

Thanks for the chapter, so Aoko's mother is still alive. I also saw some spoilers from the movie, and I think it's best for people to stay away from twitter and tumblr due to the reactions of a certain revlation. Well, for me I just don't mind about what was revealed, though it does makes sense thinking back on it.

Dex-chan lover
Can't believe this has a new chapter.

Page 9: It's quite ironic that Shinichi's rival is being the one compared to Holmes.

Aggregator gang
Funny that the parents are still together. I thought they were divorced.

Dex-chan lover
He definitely disguised as Inspector Nakamori, right?

Anywho, let's see if "female Conan" is a stronger rival for Kaito

Double-page supporter
Introducing Aoko's mother is nice (knowing that she has two parents together) however at the same time, with how omitted she was in the story, no one can blame us for how written Aoko and her father was coded to be a single father family. Even Keiko thought that!
And with how much explaining in the exposition they had to do about why she was omitted and retconned into this story, I just think it's easier and would make a lot more sense if she just lived separately closer to her workplace like Eri (and also having similar jobs too..). Like it would explain a lot more than paint her that she was sleep deprived that she couldn't even bother to stay up for her daughter's birthday party or anything in between (though maybe I'll give her some benefit of the doubt that she could have made the food and went to sleep so Aoko can celebrate with her friends.. I don't know..) Like you cannot convince me she does not have any days off to hang out with her daughter and husband.. How she was written definitely feels really shoehorned and Gosho is very much aware of this too.. Heck he even made the joke through Keiko about it after all.
At least the silver lining is that not only is she alive, but that she very much loves not only her daughter but also her husband very much so we don't have to deal with the parent drama that Ran has to keep facing since childhood :(

Users who are viewing this thread