Magic Kaito - Ch. 39 - Green Dragon (Part 3)

Dex-chan lover
So anyone know who was that old lady Hakuba was talking to?
It actually looks like a character from Detective Conan. Furuyo Senma according to google, from "The Gathering of Detectives! Shinichi Kudo vs Kaitou Kid" where both Kaitou and Hakuba make an appearance. I don't think she was mentioned in this manga before.

Coincidentally enough, in that case
One of the victims was killed with poison being applied to his teacup.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Conan is on “hiatus” because the mangaka focusing on Kaito kid manga to promote the new Conan movie where Kaito kid will be in. I am not sure how long the hiatus will be but I hope to see more Kaito kid first before going back to Conan.

Well I am kinda disappointed. I thought the mom notices that’s actually Kaito until the last page. Before I thought she just didn’t want to take her husband’s job.

With how Shinichi’s and Ran’s parents not having good relationship with each other, and Kaito’s father is dead, at least one of them has parents with good relationship.

Dex-chan lover
I suppose we can expect more Kaito chapters down the line until they at least complete one more volume I guess?

So anyone know who was that old lady Hakuba was talking to?
It actually looks like a character from Detective Conan. Furuyo Senma according to google, from "The Gathering of Detectives! Shinichi Kudo vs Kaitou Kid" where both Kaitou and Hakuba make an appearance. I don't think she was mentioned in this manga before.

Yes it was Senma. Plus if you do look at the chapter again, you actually see that Hakuba did in fact used to put his fingers through the cup handle.
Conan is on “hiatus” because the mangaka focusing on Kaito kid manga to promote the new Conan movie where Kaito kid will be in. I am not sure how long the hiatus will be but I hope to see more Kaito kid first before going back to Conan.

Well I am kinda disappointed. I thought the mom notices that’s actually Kaito until the last page. Before I thought she just didn’t want to take her husband’s job.

With how Shinichi’s and Ran’s parents not having good relationship with each other, and Kaito’s father is dead, at least one of them has parents with good relationship.
I suppose we can expect more Kaito chapters down the line until they at least complete one more volume I guess?
Not sure when Magic Kaito chapter comes, but the next one is Detective Conan, the bottom of the last page says conan, so it's back to that, i think it would be around June, i think. i 'm just basing off the issue number

Actually, therein is a brilliant moment on Gosho's part.
The poison was on specifically on the part where fake Hakuba placed his thumb in this chapter, on top of the cup handle. All cups actually had this, but only the victim had a habit of biting the nail of his thumb while in thought. So of course Senma would talk Hakuba out of touching that spot specifically.

Users who are viewing this thread