Magic Level 99990000 All-Attribute Great Sage

Dex-chan lover
This is almost the textbook definition of "meh". Every cliché about an uber-powerful person who "doesn't want to stand out" in a high school for wizards, in a time of peace when magic is less powerful and forgotten, with a bully who won't take the hint, and a haughty girl genius who is the only one that recognizes the MC's true power. I suspect it won't be long before we meet a kuudere waifu, get selected for the inter-school tournament, and check all the other obvious boxes.

I only read this because I was sick in bed and had caught up on everything else. Learn from my mistakes.

Dex-chan lover
Behind every good piece of art, there are cartloads that didn't make it and were quickly forgotten. This is one of them, and it hurts my heart to think that someone's cranking man-hours under it, while many decent or at least mid mangas get stalled out.

But to each their own. If you're able to enjoy it, then go ahead.

Double-page supporter
Saw three comments, decided to read anyway under the premise of "It can't be that bad, right?" Welp, it is. It's not so bad as it just isn't good. It's the definition of cliché but without the usual benefits these manga/web comics usual have. Story is generic. Art is generic. Character design is generic. Female lead is also a flat Earther. As is the lead, as of yet, female antagonist. I dunno about you, but I like my Earth's round.

MDC

Dex-chan lover
First chapter is so generic that its boring to read, half way through I just skimmed through the pages and didn't bother going forward to chapter 2. Do yourself a favour and find something else to read, even if you're bored this story will just make you even more bored.

Double-page supporter
Meh this is the kind of thing you read when your brain is low on power and you just want to relax, kind of like watching a B plot movie, is not horrible but nothing great either.

I guess is perfect if you are young are newish to manga in general too

WTF are the delinquents doing back in the school in ch 15?! They were supposed to have been expelled. Is the author's memory that sh*tty that he forgets what he wrote?

Dex-chan lover
The author doesn't know why any of the elements they're using works for storytelling, they just assemble linear tropes that work in other stories without regard to plausibility and characterization.

The writing is contradictory to itself, and quite frankly I'm not sure the concept of language or the existence of a dictionary is even known to the author, since the opposite wording is used for the meaning that would make sense. "Only survivor of the calamity." is what was said when "Last casualty of the calamity." is what was meant. And it's constantly like that.

Not to mention the expelled students return to the school, in uniform... weren't those taken away? What does it matter anymore to look through the MC's desk?

As of chapter 17, there have only been 2 moments (moments, not even pages) where this felt like a real story.

Dex-chan lover
This manga urgently needs a Chuunibyou tag. It feels like the author took all the fantasies of a Chuunibyou kid and turned them into a plot. If that's true, I have to compliment them because, despite the plot having more holes than a sieve, it's still funny, and the art is good too. As many other comments have noted, you need to shut your brain off to read this.
Actually, here are some practical recommendations if you wish to proceed:
1. Always shut your brain before reading; you don't need it, and it'll only get in the way of fun.
2. Enjoy the art.
3. Expect only slapstick comedy and be amused if there's something else.
4. Embrace your inner adolescent and all the Chuunibyou experiences you had, then cringe at how far beyond this goes.
5. Remember to turn your brain back on after enjoying this... experience.

Fed-Kun's army
Same boss design for every boss and same thing over and over and over. Made it to chapter 21 before deciding I've read everything it has to offer.

Aggregator gang
6.5 rating on magadex is so bad lmao, author should learn a trade instead of being a mangaka

Users who are viewing this thread