Magic Stone Gourmet: Eating Magical Power Made Me The Strongest - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.1 - A Disappointing Reincarnation

Dex-chan lover
Damn, the author didn't even try to make an interesting start. It makes you wonder if it was because the author knew they were probably going to get published, or because it is pointless to try and make an interesting start to a bargain-bin isekai.

Dex-chan lover
I really don't understand why so many authors portray the isekai people as being so stupid. The ability to nullify and decompose toxin is as useful as you can get. And the reasons why such a skill is so useful are completely obvious, for example obtaining clean drinking water or poison testing. Any expedition group or invading army would love to have such an asset. Not worrying about clean water is a blessing.
Even kings and emperors would kill to get a person with a skill like that. Threat by poison would be non-existent. I bet this skill could even nullify airborne toxins too. And despite such advantages nobody cares about the skill. The limited intelligence of the authors of these generic stories is clearly shown by how stupid the characters they make are.

But I guess I can't say much since I still end up reading these stories.

Aggregator gang
Detox is a pretty useful ability, but for fighting it would more so help in survival rather than hurting the opposition
But if the MC were to use the ability, he could per say just throw out some strong toxic gas and detox the air close to him, essentially creating a barrier that harms those who come near.

ok I read 1.2 and it feels a bit stupid
mc mom has been asked a favour from grandam to pick out the tea which the maid usually does from a merchant and the mc goes into the room and find his mom and she tells him the above and is somehow reflected that his mom is being treat like a low class or a maid because he is weak ,the merchant who sell tea to the family comes in and lays down his box which has other unrelated tea products and mc see a magic stone and merchant see he is looking at it and then explain what magic stones are and how they used then says its "A High Quality Magic Stone Would Have Strong Magic Power Inside It, And Might Cause Harm To Human's Body" and then says this one is weak so the mc can touch its mc is detoxify it without realising it and says it smells sweet and then has inner thoughts, then licks it and say its sweet and the merchant gives it to the mc for free then when the mc leaves the room the magic stone turned colourless next day mc is training and has a surge in power and then cuts the poll with the amor in half and broke the wooden sword

Dex-chan lover
@Boomburst : this started as a webnovel (long Japanese names are usually a strong indicator because the authors make them long to get more keywords into the search to try to draw more readers), and many of those are made by amateurs.

Double-page supporter
An Isekai protagonist that actually has to work hard? My interest is piqued, please continue.

"If you can't beat someone on the same category, then beat that person on a different category"

Aggregator gang
Dude, 100% complete detox of any and all kinds of virus, bacteria, poison and any other toxic substances and you call it plain and simple? C'mon man in a world where dying from poison is very normal that skill is freaking OP!

Dex-chan lover
@chenando1

True, there are a lot of ways to die to such things. But there are more ways to die from other methods, and they tend to be more common.

you willing to work harder than any other person but not willing to use your God Skill because of pain?
..the f***?

Dex-chan lover
Don't worry dude, from your looks you were clearly an off brand protag.

I know this one don't remember anything from the previous life but still he knows he was reincarnated so why do he cares about what the family thinks of him?
You skill is plain? Well, so what? Learn to use it and exploit the fuck out of the skill. If there is magic learn to use it by all means possible and exploit the magic system as much as possible. At least this one has no pretense of pretending the MC is a reincarnated person with memories because that is never implemented correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread