Magu-chan: God of Destruction - Oneshot

Group Leader
I was about to joke about tentacle hentai, but then I saw that laser beam destroys the storm and the ozone as well as my urge to joke ... Idk, man. Feels weird.

Contributor
Magu having tiny little fingers just doesn’t set right.

Certainly didn't expect this many people to find this within 30 minutes, so just a reminder! This went on to get serialized last year! And if you liked the oneshot you should totally read the full series (preferably officially) because it's REALLY GOOD https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/magu-chan-god-of-destruction

Fed-Kun's army
I totally love this manga. It's so unWSJ-ish yet fits the magazine well. Also, it's a guaranteed weekly dose of silly wholesomeness.

Fed-Kun's army
I love how we did rehash this concept to Rin's BDay - this feels more emotional, but the birthday wish of "it's the one day you should be selfish" bit is amazing.

Supporter
@Manjiknights May Magu-chan bless you! This is honestly really nice to hear. While the setup itself is wholesome and comedic, the concept of the god of destruction just wanting to vibe is also really nice.

Edit: Wait I just checked the serialization and the author has a different name. Is it a pen name or did they take the idea and gave it to someone else?

@ckckckck Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. It is indeed the same author under a pen name. The serialization is the first time he's gone under the name "Kei Kamiki," he used "Keiji Kinoshita" for anything he'd worked on prior including his other oneshots (which are much harder to find).

@sudzzuds Assuming you mean to refer to
the Christmas special
, then yep, pretty much same concept. That was undoubtedly one of the best chapters of the serialization so far so no surprise that it works nicely here too.

Actually this is kind of a mishmash of what would become a few different parts–lots carried over to chapter 1,
Magu's first meeting with Ren is similar to the final in chapter 2
the festival ended up in chapter 6
, and of course
the other gods of chaos mentioned become proper characters in the serial; actually the part of the legend book about being consumed with madness ended up being split off into Naputaaku
. That's what made it so interesting to share in hindsight imo :)

Users who are viewing this thread