Magus of the Library

Vols. 1, 2, 3, and 4 are already out. I recommend buying them. They have better translations than these (well imo) and the series is very good.

But like seriously someone pls pick this up.

Ugh! I wish this manga was more well known, because it's absolutely amazing!

This is pure gold
I'd support this artist if i had the means

It feels like I'm reading from a book
Peering into unknown worlds
The world building is rich
And the art is just amazing
And the characters are well fleshed out

holy moly. you can read it all on mangakakalot as well for anyone wondering!
i just wanted to say, this manga is absolutely stunning. the way its drawn and how it captivated me, really sets this title apart from other manga ive read.
if you are reading here wondering if you should give it a go, please do. its so worth it

Group Leader
This series was amazing!! The art is beautiful, and the story is really building up to something special. Ended up supporting it by buying the physical volumes, it's totally worth it.

Solid start. Not much of a fan of the bullying-trope because it seemed too forced to make „the youth“ an outsider. But the art is gorgeous and I love me some adventure manga. If done right, this could be what „Magi - Labyrinth of Magic“ was supposed to be.
You trynna say magi wasn't good?🤨

I really wish someone would pick this up. I have print editions 1-6, but have a really hard time reading them because the official uses such small print that I need to use a magnifying glass to read it, and that's with wearing reading glasses! lol X.X

Banned
I really wish someone would pick this up. I have print editions 1-6, but have a really hard time reading them because the official uses such small print that I need to use a magnifying glass to read it, and that's with wearing reading glasses! lol X.X
Chapter 30-31 just went up today on mangakakalot.

Hi guys, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask this, but we all know this series takes a year to release between volumes, and I sorta feel like the readership of this manga will drop at this rate. So I kinda want to pick up the chapters unreleased in English. However, I'm worried that scanlating the manga will result in a further decrease in official sales which may or may not get the manga axed eventually, and I'm sure we all really don't want that to happen. So what's your opinion? Will scanlating this manga result in lower sales? Or will it lead to more people buying the official translation when it comes out?

Power Uploader
Hi guys, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask this, but we all know this series takes a year to release between volumes, and I sorta feel like the readership of this manga will drop at this rate. So I kinda want to pick up the chapters unreleased in English. However, I'm worried that scanlating the manga will result in a further decrease in official sales which may or may not get the manga axed eventually, and I'm sure we all really don't want that to happen. So what's your opinion? Will scanlating this manga result in lower sales? Or will it lead to more people buying the official translation when it comes out?
In my opinion, fan scanlation boosts sales by attracting new readers to manga. Currently, only people who already have the habit of buying volumes of manga completely new to them purchase Toshokan. However, most global manga volume sales come from readers who have already read the manga but want to buy the volume for a physical copy, for their collection, or to support the author. I am sure that Toshokan's readership would increase if it had chapters available on this platform.

Moreover, Toshokan itself provides an answer to this question in Chapter 6, where it mentions that libraries help increase book sales in a town, which I agree with.

By the way, I am translating this manga into Turkish, and since I don’t speak Japanese, I have to wait for new English volumes. I know exactly which chapter every single event occurs, which characters appear, and when each term is used. So, if you need help in keeping the translation consistent with previous chapters (which is I think biggest the challange of this manga due to its deep lore), I’d be happy to assist.

Thank you, and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread