Mahou Shoujo Dandelion - Ch. 2

Supporter
That such a fast and easy discovery that I wonder how the fact the phantom is original human is not public knowledge already. Are the magical girl has mind erasure power?

I want to keep supporting this mangaka and this story regardless of chapter 2 feeling... rushed? Maybe this is just getting to the bits that will be the BASIS of this manga. Magical girls defeating shadows/fiends (very Madoka... but also, I feel so many different series are tapping into this rn)...

I would like to see more with Peony and other magical girls also. I enjoy the Shade/Dandelion but I want to see other cast members in the future so this doesn't feel redundant.

Supporter
This reveal lacks of build up or more accurately, lacks of hope. Because of Shade's obstruction, Tanpopo barely killed any Phantom at all so she won't feel much guilty with this reveal. This moment should be best place after Tanpopo overcomes Shade's obstruction, successfully kills one or many Phantom, feels proud about herself, hopeful about the future and then this reveal hit her. It will deal the maximum damage. Bonus if the grandfather has more time to develop to make this situation hurt more

This reveal lacks of build up or more accurately, lacks of hope. Because of Shade's obstruction, Tanpopo barely killed any Phantom at all so she won't feel much guilty with this reveal. This moment should be best place after Tanpopo overcomes Shade's obstruction, successfully kills one or many Phantom, feels proud about herself, hopeful about the future and then this reveal hit her. It will deal the maximum damage. Bonus if the grandfather has more time to develop to make this situation hurt more
100%. Well said.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't be surprised if magical girls and phantoms come from the same source. All phantoms have a gem in their chest and they mention how magical girls need to have a seed that needs to bloom for them to become a magical girl. I'm guessing phantoms are people with that seed but never went through the emotional catalyst to make it bloom and instead the seed consumed them

Neg

yeah I kind of agree with this being... a little early for that kind of reveal. we only just got to meet this guy, after all!

poor Tanpopo, tho. the girl catches No Breaks. Zero. None whatsoever.

I agree that the reveal is a bit early but honestly for a manga about a guy wanting to protect this girl from danger- there is no point to make her suffer ig- we had plenty of mangas that build upon the "the evil one was once human" concept already so mbe they have a different creative direction revealing it early on

I hope that shade and dandelion don't be a couple in the end,it would be weird,and could be really nice if they are just friends

Fed-Kun's army
The teddy bear is a nice Bleach reference,the main inspiration of this manga is blatant

I think it makes sense that Dandelion learns the secrets of phantoms and such quite quickly - she does have an insider source after all. Perhaps phantoms once being human is why Shade doesn’t want her to be a magical girl. Her killing lots of phantoms and learning the truth late would hit her hard - probably just as hard as seeing her grandpa turn into one lmao rip bozo

Users who are viewing this thread