Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid - Vol. 20 Ch. 99 - Glad to Be Back

Honestly, there are few things that can sum up my thoughts better than this one image.
MRto4g2.png

Rei

So they had Nanoha lose one of the most hyped fights due to her being too worried about the safety of her daughter .-.

Group Leader
I read the raws so I expected this but.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Nanoha doesn't deserve this. Her name came first in the title.

C'mon guys, let's see the bright side of things!

... That is, this shitshow being almost over.

Aggregator gang
What the heck guys. Who uploaded someone's shitty DJ instead of proper chapters :D

But yeah this is utter garbage. And this was a shitshow from the moment we realized they were aiming to end the series somehow so they started the whole long ass training arc after all Vivio did was job for half the bloody run. Not that it was that great before it, given how SoL-y it was.

Up next, concluding the manga by the actual protagonist, Einhart. Time to punch some tits.

Dex-chan lover
Phew. This is actually a slightly better conclusion than I expected (which goes to show what astronomical levels of bullshit this fight had been piling up already). Nanoha ignoring a ten-count out of concern for her daughter and then deciding not to get up at the last second is, at the very least, more palatable than "Nanoha actually K the fuck O'd by a third grader".

well that just nanoha,she never care about win lose she just nanoha as we now,allway care around people ,when she meet fate or fight , she just become strongest when she need to protect some one she love, so in this battle vivio win ??yeah who read this series aready know who will win and who is strongest one, for me nanoha just lose hayate because she have gimore that is it

Dex-chan lover
Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who thought that the conclusion was a complete bull.

I mean, I'm not against Vivio winning but damn, this is the one that's completely unacceptable.

Dex-chan lover
I'm counting this as a technical loss. Nanoha clearly could have stood up, but she was more concerned about Vivio who fell from that and had her transformation dispelled. She was obviously more concerned about her daughter's safety than the match. Also While Vivio did give a good showing, Nanoha did go All out, at the level Vivio could handle. As is apparent by her catch phrase not making an appearance. And her only using Divine Buster and Starlight breaker and not the more powerful attacks in between Divine Buster and Starlight Breaker. Y'all didn't forget about the Excelion Buster, did you? And well Nanoha's mind wasn't actually on the fight. She was gushing over her daughter's growth all throughout the match.

There. That's the feasible reason for Nanoha's loss by technicality.

Dex-chan lover
I think the main difference was preparedness. Vivio clearly developed countermeasures to each of Nanoha's specific moves, spent most of her childhood practicing against her moma's homing bullets and has experience getting hit by what was probably Nanoha's biggest starlight breaker ever. Nanoha on the other hand, while generally taking the fight seriously didn't have as many specific strategies for dealing with Vivio and mostly just went with the standard tactics for fighting someone with Vivio's style. More than anything, the anti gravity environment the match took place in was what allowed Vivio even the slightest chance of winning, as in normal gravity she wouldn't be able to get near Nanoha fast enough once she took to the air and Nanoha would blast her to smithereens. In the end, while Nanoha didn't get up from the down, she still had magic reserves and probably could have gotten up and continued fighting in a real combat situation, whereas Vivio was at that point completely out of magic and definitely wouldn't be able to continue fighting despite standing up. Only in the context of a match like this would this be considered Vivio's win. Also the tricks Vivio pulled wouldn't work a second time and Nanoha would easily win a rematch.

So yes, Vivio can win against Nanoha in a one on one duel, but only under specific rules, in very specific environmental conditions, while Nanoha is underestimating her and with a fair amount of luck.

Like they said back in the StrikerS manga chapter 10, there's no such thing as the strongest because in reality whether you win or not is determined by how well the combat situation is suited to your particular skill set.

Users who are viewing this thread