Mahou Shoujo Site - Vol. 16 Ch. 133 - ENTER.78 - Checkmate

Dex-chan lover
.... Why would they even make that?? If the distributors knew that it would be an issue... Why even make it? Like... Its like putting a self destruct button on a dooms day machine
Many thanks

Group Leader
So, takeaways from this chapter:

This sort of says that Kiyoharu produces both the regular negative energy, which people chosen to be magical girls produce a lot of (implied to be something like a "female soul" if the dialogue in the Planet chapters are anything to go off of), and the "male" minus energy. Since none of the admins except Nana knew about the minus energy thing, Hachi enlisted Kiyoharu just because she produced a lot of negative energy like every other chosen magical girl, to feed into energy for Tempest.

But also:

Kiyoharu has been presenting as female, calling herself a girl and genuinely believing it, and wearing girl clothes for at least the current school year up until now (several months), but she still counts as more "male" than Kaname, who just got a dick up his ass? Kayo literally was just a regular girl for 14+ years of her life but she grows a dick and she's suddenly more "male" than Kaname? Like there is some dumb shit that happens in MSS but this might honestly might be the dumbest shit that's happened yet. Like, the "they're actually twins" reveal had foreshadowing going into it for a long time, this just comes out of nowhere and makes no logical sense.

Also KiyoKosa is still the best ship.

Dex-chan lover
A while back I mentioned Kayo would probably use the sex-altering stick in the final showdown, but someone replied it probably wouldn't affect the King negatively. But now that it actually IS, it's just one of the biggest plot holes to date. They made a stick that is literally their own greatest weakness. There better be some conspiracy behind it, like their apparent dad somehow inserting it. Still stupid, but better than making a stick that is literally their own greatest weakness.

This story is really devolving into chaos. A shame since it actually started pretty strong. I'm just enjoying the ride at this point.

Group Leader
@LLENN they're girls

@unime None of the admins knew about this, though. Nana had to sneak a peak at King's chambers to learn about it in the first place.

I KNEW THAT THIS STICK WOULD BE USED!! BACK WHEN KAYO TALKED TO THE GIRLS SHE HAD THIS ONE STORED AND I KNEW IT WOULD BE IMPORTANT!! Honestly I was hoping that it would be used to make Kiyo turn into a girl but this outcome is also very amazing

God even if this thing was on their Stick pallette like 70 chapters ago this is the dumbest shit yet and there's been a lot of dumb shit recently

Group Leader
@fennec

I think I was that person and it turns out I was wrong on my theory of how it was gonna be used, sorry about that.

However, I really don't think the Necktie Stick is a plothole if you consider it could've been given to a transgender girl who would just use the Stick to change her sex to female, and not intended for someone who wanted to change their sex to male. I mean, that's probably the reason that it has a female symbol (♀) on it, rather than a male symbol (♂), or some combination of both (⚥ or ⚦): it was only intended to turn the user fully female.

Dex-chan lover
@EvelynIsGone Yep, just checked my inbox and it was you. You raised the point of Kiyoharu having a stick despite being biologically male. I also thought about it being given to a transgender girl, but then I realized we're not sure if the stick's effects are permanent...? It might be just until the stick's power wears off. And even if it's not, it would STILL be really risky to create and distribute it since the effect can go both ways. I mean, what if the user gave the stick to other friends suffering from gender dysphoria? Also, if they wanted it to only turn users female, then why not make it EXCLUSIVELY turn people female instead of just the opposite sex?

Just. So little thought went into this one stick. It's kind of hilarious they may have created their own undoing. Though I kind of doubt it will ACTUALLY succeed in killing the King, since Kayo isn't a MAIN character like Aya or Yatsumura. Having this kill the King would be too simple and clean for how this glorious mess is unfolding so far.

Users who are viewing this thread