Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Double Seven-hen - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - Playing with Real Power (II)

Dex-chan lover
Tomitsuka's match with Shippou was 5 minutes tops. Are you suggesting Tomitsuka expects to spend the remainder of that time in a match with Tatsuya? If so, I'm eager to see how the author planned to convey that convincingly.
Remember they are at high school. They finish classes or the things they do, they go get their stuff (CADs are in the storage room during the classes with exception for Student council and disciplinary committete) they go to the room, before everyone gathers 15 minutes easily may pass. Thry changed clothes to the club ones, explained things, fight, clean up.
Then he suddenly wants to fight.

I'm not saying they needed to reserve it for 2 hour specifically, but they did it anyway to make sure they have time for it.
Dunno how it will be portrayed in the manga since I read only LN.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, CLEARLY that hesitation and neck rub before making the request was TOTALLY the action of a 'cocky' person.

TRULY what an observation you made.

Because he couldn't possibly be embarrassed when acting out of character.

Dex-chan lover

And somehow that is him being 'cocky'?

If anything YOU are the example of being cocky with these replies defending your initial post even against people who read the LN i.e. they know more than you what's up.
It's like MTL who defend their 'translation' when someone told them it's wrong.

Dex-chan lover
And somehow that is him being 'cocky'?

If anything YOU are the example of being cocky with these replies defending your initial post even against people who read the LN i.e. they know more than you what's up.
It's like MTL who defend their 'translation' when someone told them it's wrong.

Lol. What was said that disproved my observation?

Dex-chan lover
Lol. What was said that disproved my observation?

People already pointed it out he's not doing it out of being cocky, but you seem to be on Shippou's level of cocky and refusing to accept those explanations.

So if you want to remain a Shippou, you can be a Shippou, I'll just keep mocking you for being a Shippou.

Dex-chan lover
People already pointed it out he's not doing it out of being cocky, but you seem to be on Shippou's level of cocky and refusing to accept those explanations.

So if you want to remain a Shippou, you can be a Shippou, I'll just keep mocking you for being a Shippou.

Well, let's see.

Someone said Tomitsuka has a "proper reason" for his challenge that will be explained in the next chapter.

You said Tomitsuka wants to spar with a "real master" because nobody else can give him a "proper spar" and that he doesn't expect to win but learn. Once under scrutiny, you abandoned your opinion and have since degraded yourself to personal attacks.

Another person said that Tomitsuka wanted to fight Tatsuya so that he could lose and show Shippou that he wasn't in the same league as Tatsuya.

None of this addresses Tomitsuka's behavior though.

Dex-chan lover
You said Tomitsuka wants to spar with a "real master" because nobody else can give him a "proper spar" and that he doesn't expect to win but learn. Once under scrutiny, you abandoned your opinion and have since degraded yourself to personal attacks.

Because that was my initial thought, but once the others pointed out the other options I agreed with them so I stop bringing it up? I'm not some clown who stick to their initial opinion when someone presented convincing argument.

You're the one who seem to have stopped referring to him as 'cocky' under scrutiny and has been skirting around with comments like:

Better yet, how do you know what Tomitsuka expects? o_O

Through his actions we observed. o_O

'we observed' despite just about everyone who replied disagreed with 'your' observation.
or that you say:
when YOU were the one who think his character is 'cocky'

Btw
Another person said that Tomitsuka wanted to fight Tatsuya so that he could lose and show Shippou that he wasn't in the same league as Tatsuya.

None of this addresses Tomitsuka's behavior though.

What part about Tomitsuka trying to show Shippou what kind of power Tatsuya has that didn't 'address Tomitsuka's behavior'?
He even check on Shippou first to make sure the latter's in condition to observe before coming to Tatsuya ('go rest by the wall' comment)

Dex-chan lover
Because that was my initial thought, but once the others pointed out the other options I agreed with them so I stop bringing it up? I'm not some clown who stick to their initial opinion when someone presented convincing argument.

You're the one who seem to have stopped referring to him as 'cocky' under scrutiny and has been skirting around with comments like:

'we observed' despite just about everyone who replied disagreed with 'your' observation.
or that you say:

when YOU were the one who think his character is 'cocky'

Btw

What part about Tomitsuka trying to show Shippou what kind of power Tatsuya has that didn't 'address Tomitsuka's behavior'?
He even check on Shippou first to make sure the latter's in condition to observe before coming to Tatsuya ('go rest by the wall' comment)

Lol. My opinion would change if something were convincing to refute it. Oh, we both know who's REALLY been skirting around here. People can have a different opinion about something even after observing the same thing.

None of that addresses Tomitsuka's behavior. Why don't you tell me what part about it does?

Counter to your new opinion, that being the only other option proposed after yours, though (coincidentally?) not one you immediately gave up on your opinion to agree with. The author had already destroyed any room for argument in favor of it.

We were told that Shippou and Tomitsuka didn't have this match on the same day as Shippou's previous match because those involved were concerned that Shippou would use the consecutive match as an excuse if he lost. Considering that, it would be reasonable for them to assume that Shippou would apply that same logic to Tomitsuka losing in a consecutive match with Tatsuya. Strangely, you and the original poster hadn't considered that.

BTW, you remind me so much of another amusing fellow I met a couple of weeks (or so) ago on another platform. :worry:

Dex-chan lover
People can have a different opinion about something even after observing the same thing.

Yes they can, and so can someone's opinion be wrong, they're not mutually exclusive.
But hey by that logic why do you take offense at MY OPINION that you're like Shippou?

None of that addresses Tomitsuka's behavior. Why don't you tell me what part about it does?

The part ,I and the others, pointed out if that's too complicated for you then you can keep thinking he's 'cocky'.
And I'll just keep thinking you're a Shippou.

Considering that, it would be reasonable for them to assume that Shippou would apply that same logic to Tomitsuka losing in a consecutive match with Tatsuya. Strangely, you and the original poster hadn't considered that.

It's almost like the room was reserved for extra time for a reason and that someone even pointed it out and this was your response:
Tomitsuka's match with Shippou was 5 minutes tops. Are you suggesting Tomitsuka expects to spend the remainder of that time in a match with Tatsuya? If so, I'm eager to see how the author planned to convey that convincingly.

"Strangely, you hadn't consider that", even though you're the one who brought up the consecutive match thing.

Dex-chan lover
Yes they can, and so can someone's opinion be wrong, they're not mutually exclusive.
But hey by that logic why do you take offense at MY OPINION that you're like Shippou?

The part ,I and the others, pointed out if that's too complicated for you then you can keep thinking he's 'cocky'.
And I'll just keep thinking you're a Shippou.

It's almost like the room was reserved for extra time for a reason and that someone even pointed it out and this was your response:

"Strangely, you hadn't consider that", even though you're the one who brought up the consecutive match thing.

Dex-chan lover
You said Tomitsuka wants to spar with a "real master" because nobody else can give him a "proper spar"
Yara yara not gonna read more dude just wait till the next episode.
Because, indeed, you are Shippou right now.
You're being awfully arrogant, thinking you know everything there is just because he looked determined while he issued a challenge to Tatsuya. And of course You are right because that's the law of the universe no it's not.

Let me tell you one thing about the next chapter:
It's not that Tomitsuka wants to learn something, but more than to teach somebody.

Dex-chan lover
Yara yara not gonna read more dude just wait till the next episode.
Because, indeed, you are Shippou right now.
You're being awfully arrogant, thinking you know everything there is just because he looked determined while he issued a challenge to Tatsuya. And of course You are right because that's the law of the universe no it's not.

Let me tell you one thing about the next chapter:
It's not that Tomitsuka wants to learn something, but more than to teach somebody.
There seems to be a lot of confusion going around. I'm not sure if there are drugs involved or what it is but I'm worried for you all. :worry:

Users who are viewing this thread