Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Yokohama Souran-hen

It's so bad that everyone is like "just watch the anime and skip this one"...

Dex-chan lover
huh...i'm not used to this sudden departure of artstyle. why does this remind me of Shirow Miwa tho? i'm not sure...

Dex-chan lover
lol i actually might like Miyuki if only her original character design is like this.

The artist is AMOU Gin (Kuro no Shoukanshi) not AMAU Gin. Possibly mirroring an error on MangaUpdates. Requested fix. 😊

Dex-chan lover
Why is this listed as complete with only 3 chapters yet is says there is 5 Volumes for a total of 24 chapters.

Contributor
@DracoInduperator
Pub. status refers to its publication status in the country of origin, not in term of English scanlation. Similarly, the information says that the series goes up to Vol.5 because that is how many volumes comprised the series in the raw, it just so happens only Vol.1 has been scanlated into Englishso far.
In summary: series is complete in Japan with five volumes, but English scanlation has only finshed Vol.1

To everyone who is interested:
As far as I am aware, all the different Mahouka manga arcs are drawn by different artists. I'm not sure exactly why that is but that's what it seems to be.

Also, I agree with the majority of the opinions about this one. It's a bit of a shame simce this was a pretty fun arc but the art style was so bad that I basically said forget it. Just watch the anime or read the books. Seriously, I almost went blind reading just 1 page from this adaptation.

Group Leader
The reason they have different artists is because several arcs as serialised at the same time in two different magazines (Dengeki Diaoh and GFantasy). For example this year both the Kyoto Insurrection and Steeplechase arcs are beginning while the Double Seven and Visitor arcs coming to an end. Yuutousei (Honor Student) is also still running along side them. You are correct that the style in this series is a bit of a departure from that used in the other series.

Dex-chan lover
We all agree this art is shit. But hey, if there's anyone that translates this, I will still read it because I'm curious about how it looks from different perspective, and out of respect to work that some people put into translating that.
Actually what I wanted to see most was that car incident scene so I'm happy already, thanks for the upload ^^

Contributor
@b3n_d0vah
The rest hasn't been scanlated yet, it doesn't exist in English yet, that's why it isn't there.
Why hasn't it been scanlated yet? Because the art looks absolutely horrible and because it had already been adapted in a visual medium (the anime) that looks significantly better nobody wanted to scanlate it.

Group Leader
For those worrying, I haven't dropped this arc, what happened is my RAWs for Volume 2 were unusable and my replacements ended up stuck in customs for ages, so I started the Presidential Election Arc while I was waiting and by the time they arrived I was half done with PEA so I figured I'd finish it first then return to this one since PEA is the one immediately before.

It'll likely be early August before the next chapter for this arc will be out (I do this for free as a hobby, so the time I can commit is very limited) but I have every intention to continue. I apologise for the delay.

Edit: MKnR PEA is complete so I'm working on this arc again.

Users who are viewing this thread