Mahoutsukai no Konyakusha - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
@QueenKumQuat
I'm gonna say this because I understand that most people don't understand it: Everyone has a lot that they can do if they want to, don't matter the position or class nor anything.

Yes, the MC is a mob character. She still has the memories and knowledge of her previous world as well as knowledge of possible future events that will happen in the world. She still has the know how from her job before dying so she could be doing something with that. She is from a prominent family so she could be training on magic even though she has little aptitude and/or mana. She could be introducing advanced knowledge from her previous life, things that were from her basic education for example, and/or being a researcher/teacher.

What we have here is someone that just gave up on everything because "I was reborn as a mob character". She is not avarage but she holds herself back.

@mahtan
TL:DR - I respect your opinion. She probably has been researching tomes and doing other stuff with her family's business. But I think I get what you're saying. It'd suck if she were a pitiful "woe is me" character just wasting her life away cuz she's waiting on her ML to "save" her. But on the other hand, if she's not a pitiful sap, I don't see why she can't just be a chill mob character.

I haven't read the novel, but the manga doesn't state what she's been doing with her life. It showed her going to one tea party, and exchanging letters, but I doubt she's been just holed up in her room and staring out her window every day. I'd like to think that she HAS been helping out with her family's business since it's been their responsibility for generations, and her brother sucks at it😅 (she's pretty much their only hope). So we can't really say for sure if she has or hasn't been holding herself back/self sabotaging. But if you already know for sure that she hasn't been doing anything, then thats fine too though. Given the era she's in, she doesn't have to be the badass pioneer woman who revolutionizes politics, culture, or other aspects of society. She can just chill, enjoy her status, and translate tomes. Who said she was even smart in her past life? Other stories show characters who, for some reason, are walking encyclopedias. I really don't think thats the case with this MC😂

Haha, like I said in my other post, I still see this manga as an average girl, who was reborn into a fantasy world. And much to her dismay, she finds out that she doesn't get an insane cheat skill, and instead she's STILL mediocre😅😓. Yes, if she worked REALLY hard and applied herself, she could "raise her specs", but... she's already sitting pretty high on the ladder. Again, given the era she's in, its okay if she just chills and goes with the flow. But I'm sure she's still studying grimoires and helping the family business.
~~~NOWWWW, I'd also be frustrated if she turns out to be a "woe is me", "waiting for my prince charming to save me" type of character. And thats why I completely understand what you're saying cuz it also looks like she's just sitting around and waiting for Edi to marry her. Like her whole purpose is to be the "Fiance of the Wizard" because I can totally see it going in that direction (ok how ironic would it be if the whole story is her being stuck as his fiance and they never marry cuz things go wrong. Lol that took a dark turn). But right now, I'm not going to assume what she has or hasn't been doing. We'll just have to see what direction the story takes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[WARNING seemingly UNRELATED] There is a webtoon about a completely average mob character. She read the novel so she knows she's a mob and accepts it. She just goes about her life enjoying the events of the novel, munching on popcorn and watching it unfold. And she also pities other characters for not realizing they're disposable to the story. It's called "Miss Not So Sidekick". I really enjoy reading it. And I think this is why I'm totally okay with a "lazy" MC who isn't doing anything groundbreaking or revolutionary.

EDIT: emojis~~

This is a really boring protagonist. I liked her as a kid but now her whole goal in life seems to be waiting for her boyfriend.

Group Leader
why wait for him. go do your own thing with your own life lol. stop waiting for him

Users who are viewing this thread