Mai Ball! - Vol. 16 Ch. 107 - Mai Ball!

Power Uploader
I'm going to miss these sweaty thick girls.

That author knows how to draw hips.

Power Uploader
And come on: https://mangadex.org/chapter/580846/23

They should just go full yuri and forget whatshisname.

HAND HOLDING FFS! It's like they had sex right there.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that ending was quite the let-down. I get how it was meant to be bittersweet, but it still could've done more with it.

Group Leader
Yeah, really let-down by this ending.
It was nice while it was going tho, I'll just skip over that last chapter since everything else was quite nice.
Sad that what "will" happen will never be known, there was room to set up the next tournament, going to the finals, confession thing and wrap it up.

Just noticed the new emotes on MD btw. 👻

Dex-chan lover
What the heck, we don't even get any conclusion to their relationship.
But oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Big thanks to whoever involved with scanlating this manga!

Contributor
A truly patrician work. Will surely be missed ;_;7
Thanks for the hard work (in many ways) until now, Wazawahi and based anon.

Complaining about the unresolved romance is missing the point.

For both Mai and Reika, Kunimitsu was their purpose for playing soccer. Mai had mixed motivations for joining the team, but she convinced herself that she'll only win his attention by playing. Reika flat out states that Kunimitsu is the only reason she's playing soccer.

The whole story of Mai Ball is Mai moving past this and falling in love with soccer for its own sake, between the relationships she builds within Kijikita and seeing soccer from different perspectives through her opponents. Mai's character development culminates with her realizing this, confessing to Kunimitsu, and playing at her peak skill level against Mia without relying on her fantasies to keep her distanced from the game.

Now, a year later, both Mai and Reika continue to lead Kijikita. Mai loves the game, regardless of her relationship with Kunimitsu. Reika still claims Kunimitsu is her focus, but she's making up elaborate conditions not to settle the issue. We can infer that she also simply loves soccer too but is too proud or stubborn to realize/admit it.

Mai "winning" Kunimisu isn't important compared to her growing beyond that one goal to love soccer, which we see fulfilled in the story.

People pissed about the romance? How about being pissed at no more great futbol matches?

Takenou in Germany spin-off? Make it happen! Also, Mia's crying face is just way to adorable. I'll miss the brown girls.

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty obvious that Kunimitsu chooses Mai. There's not even a real contest there.

Anyway, thanks for finishing scanlating this. It was exactly as unsatisfying an ending as I expected. Just glad I can mark it off my mangaupdates "completed" list.

Dex-chan lover
@SagaciousJones when the author start off the manga with a lewd kissing scene in the first chapter, and basically makes it looks like a harem/ecchi at the beginning, then you can very much expect the people who got baited into reading it thinking of it as such to complain when it pulls a 180 halfway in.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously? ended! when i just got invested in the team. This is where the when your usual sports team having their motivation burned brightest and we got another season after intense training.

The romance? the ecchi? i don't care about them. The sports part is great. Honestly, every match are good. I kinda really feels the tension.

Users who are viewing this thread