Mai-chan no Onee-san Shiiku Gohan. - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Mom's Teriyaki

Dex-chan lover
Because when you strip out all the cooking scenes, it is to my tastes. And since I can jsut scroll past them quickly, it is still to my tastes even with them, and I merely think all the effort/pages dedicated to them are a waste as I could have more of the good instead.
I like cooking mangas (this isn't one - even if it has huge amount of pages dedicated to recipes), I like doting mangas (and this is somewhat unique in that it reverses the dynamic there), and I have no clue what a focus manga is, but I probably like that too.

A focus manga is a manga set around a particular focus with a detailed breakdown of the particular topic. You could label them as edutainment manga for they are written to educate while entertaining the reader. Example I can think of the top of my head are TakuTore/Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru? both of which are fitnes mangas giving detailed introduction on getting fit and Nana to Kaoru which is like a BDSM induction and instruction manual.

Dex-chan lover
A focus manga is a manga set around a particular focus with a detailed breakdown of the particular topic. You could label them as edutainment manga for they are written to educate while entertaining the reader. Example I can think of the top of my head are TakuTore/Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru? both of which are fitnes mangas giving detailed introduction on getting fit and Nana to Kaoru which is like a BDSM induction and instruction manual.
Ah, edutainment, yeah I suppose this manga fits that bill. And I want all edu removed from it so it's only- and more entertaining :)
And no, nana to kaoru is not edutainment, it's more like bdsm is the setting, but not an instruction manual. Haven't read the other 2

Dex-chan lover
Ah, edutainment, yeah I suppose this manga fits that bill. And I want all edu removed from it so it's only- and more entertaining :)
And no, nana to kaoru is not edutainment, it's more like bdsm is the setting, but not an instruction manual. Haven't read the other 2

okay Nana to kaoru isn’t quite edutainment but it gives lots useful information like how you should start with the basics like smacking with bare palms so that you don’t unduly injure your partner. Most other bdsm manga just go full pelt into the dominance play without heed that the are setting a terrible example for people.

To be honest, there is a hentai doujinshi that is a much better example of BDSM edutainment but I wasn’t sure it was right to include it with the other two.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread