Maigo ni Natteita Youjo wo Tasuketara, Otonari ni Sumu Bishoujo Ryuugakusei ga Ie ni Asobi ni Kuru You ni Natta Ken Nitsuite

Group Leader
While I don't find the premise interesting, the hard committment by the translation group to translate this many pages so quickly convinced me to pick it up, I hope is as good as they think.
The light novels are good, assuming you like fluffy rom-com stuff with not a lot of drama. The author of the manga seems to be the same author of the LN/WN, so I'm as hopeful as you are.

At least as far as the LN goes, it has pretty good progress. And while I won't spoil it, it's not like stuff is dragged on over 5 volumes. The quality of the story will be dependent on how fast or slow Nekokuro (author) paces it out, and whether he cuts content or not. Manga adaptations are strongly dependent on their sales and the companies above them that help fund it. Either way, fingers crossed. 🤞

-anth

Dex-chan lover
The light novels are good, assuming you like fluffy rom-com stuff with not a lot of drama. The author of the manga seems to be the same author of the LN/WN, so I'm as hopeful as you are.

At least as far as the LN goes, it has pretty good progress. And while I won't spoil it, it's not like stuff is dragged on over 5 volumes. The quality of the story will be dependent on how fast or slow Nekokuro (author) paces it out, and whether he cuts content or not. Manga adaptations are strongly dependent on their sales and the companies above them that help fund it. Either way, fingers crossed. 🤞

-anth
Well having now read the chapter, I enjoyed it, I am surprised to see 50 pages for a first chapter, I hope they will be going for 20-30, as a non native speaker I hope they keep exploiting the language angle, despite how often you see supposedly "english" or "foreigners" students, they tend to be japanese with blonde hair and that's about it, is like the themes of alienation, otherism don't seem to ever be explored in regards to Gaijins (but maybe I need to read more japanese stories).

I look forward to seeing the next one and to hear your opinion regarding how the pace is being handled.

Dex-chan lover
Someone writing a whole ass novel as a review in NovelUpdates convinced me to read this

Dex-chan lover
jjk-jujutsu-kaisen.gif

Dex-chan lover

-anth
I'll try the LN then, ty for the recommendation

Why in god's name does it have 8.81 rating 💀 and why would you take the kid to your school instead of a nearby police station

Dex-chan lover
Why in god's name does it have 8.81 rating 💀 and why would you take the kid to your school instead of a nearby police station
Because the current manga audience can't cope with real tragedies anymore. Even best friend characters now are dumb funny but uninteresting characters just to avoid the slightest of chance of mc being outshone. How socially inesecure are kids nowadays.

I get self indulgence type manga but man this is delusion territory. The youth will forever stay herbivore and blame society when things don't turn their way anymore.

Manga used to inspire kids to take action man. Now they're parading as if being just "kind" is good enough. Newsflash you're not the only kind person around. And the class hunks in your school may not be kind but they sure pull all the chicks don't they?

Learn to invest in the grind kids. Be smart, do sport, learn fashion, be kind. Manga lies. Forget the prettiest no 1 in school, that shit's cringe. Even the ugliest dont look your way if youre just "kind" like manga MCs.

insert angry boomer picture here

Dex-chan lover
Given the very raoid pace comments are being made on the first chapter I'll leave my marker here for when I began. It's certainly an enjoyable story for now. While I dislike the class queen BS all these stories have it is nice seeing the younger sister used as fluff. Hopefully the English speaking is used well in coming chapters.

I know it's early, but Emma might actually give Hori Sota a run for his money for the title of best underaged wing(wo)man.

Users who are viewing this thread