Maigo ni Natteita Youjo wo Tasuketara, Otonari ni Sumu Bishoujo Ryuugakusei ga Ie ni Asobi ni Kuru You ni Natta Ken Nitsuite

Dex-chan lover
The light novels are good, assuming you like fluffy rom-com stuff with not a lot of drama. The author of the manga seems to be the same author of the LN/WN, so I'm as hopeful as you are.

At least as far as the LN goes, it has pretty good progress. And while I won't spoil it, it's not like stuff is dragged on over 5 volumes. The quality of the story will be dependent on how fast or slow Nekokuro (author) paces it out, and whether he cuts content or not. Manga adaptations are strongly dependent on their sales and the companies above them that help fund it. Either way, fingers crossed. 🤞

-anth
wait, you mean to tell me, this is a romcom, that doesn't have forced drama bullshit?

Nice.

I swear the only thing that stories with recycled modern anime romance tropes like this has got going is their art. "The Story of How a Beautiful Foreign Student Who Lives Next Door", "The angel next door", "The Girl I Saved on the Train", "Days with my step sister" their storytelling is no different from each other. Introduction shows how MC is supposed to be likeable to the readers. He's either introduced as a stoic, living alone and independent (maybe lonely and broken) person, or he's immediately shown in a good light because he outed a molester in the train and chased him down. There's also the love interest that's sometimes the beautiful transfer student or that one popular girl in class and circumstances pushes her and MC to end up getting closer. It's no question that they always end up together in the end. And of course we don't forget the MOST IMPORTANT side character friend of our MC. The goofy dude in class whose only purpose is to emphasize everything bad and unlikeable that the cool MC is not........................... I am sorry for ranting, have a wonderful day to whoever is reading this.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Hey y'all. For those who don't know, this manga was impacted by the NicoNico ransomware attack back in May. Because of this, Chapter 4 has not been released yet. We will update you guys as soon as possible once the chapter is up.

Dex-chan lover
This is definitely the overly-indulgent type of a story, to the point it's beyond masturbatory...
This is a manga about some guy who's low-key kind to others, at his own expense, and gets "rewarded" with the fawning of the queen-bee, as if they're the only humans on the planet.

I'm no stranger to these sort of stories, but after a few chapters, it definitely became too cringe to bear.
Maybe I'm just getting old, but seeing the girl hard-crushing the MC for seemingly no special reason, and having the guy go: "huh? What does she mean? What could she think?"
Just strikes hard chords of annoyance from me.

It just boils this story down to -- let's self-insert the incel youth into a character that is a certified Nice Guy, gets "rewarded for it" unrealistically, and have him build a relationship in which there's sexual tension between the two of them, without the intention to pursue it, because Nice Guy vibes.

Why?
If you want a Nice Guy MC, just have him be completely oblivious to how charismatic his outwards approaching, charitable and dependable personality is to his peers. Create a world where people really appreciate his behavior and personality, have him properly interact with the world, without doing covert "I'm victimizing myself" stupid ass behavior. Show that positive actions have positive consequences, in ways which don't promote or capitalize on nearly autistic intercommunication capabilities.
And most importantly -- for the love of GOD anime-writers -- stop writing male MCs into situations where they have no idea wtf to do in, other than to scratch the back of their heads. PLEASE.

Users who are viewing this thread