[Mainsite] Menu sidebar is partially inaccessible on mobile Chrome

Contributor
As demonstrated in the screen recording below.

This bug doesn't seem to occur on Firefox. When "scroll to hide toolbar" is on, you can scroll to reveal the last two links, and when it's off, a scrollbar appears on the menu sidebar.
Thus, I think this is bug is occuring because I can't scroll to hide the toolbar in Chrome, but it thinks I can.

View attachment SVID_20231217_131758_1.mp4

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Hello, please provide your screen resolution, OS version and browser version.

Contributor
Hello, please provide your screen resolution, OS version and browser version.
Screen resolution: 1080 x 2340
OS version: EMUI 12 (Android 10)
Chrome version: 120.0.6099.115

However, I just went on MangaDex using two other phones and I was able to hide the toolbar by scrolling on both, despite them having the exact same Chrome version. Their screen resolutions and OS versions were 1080 x 2376, Android 13 and 720 x 1600, Android 12 respectively. So the cause is probably either a setting on my phone or to do with my older Android version.

EDIT: I should also mention that it doesn't seem like I can scroll to hide on any website at all, and that my navigation bar isn't transparent on Chrome.

Last edited:
୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
So the cause is probably either a setting on my phone or to do with my older Android version.
Likely that this is the case because we tried to reproduce this issue without success.

Contributor
Happens on my OnePlus 5 as well which is running Android 10. Does not happen on Edge though (a Chromium based browser like Chrome) which is kind of interesting.

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Maybe this could be a Chrome-specific bug on old android versions. I couldn't find a ticket about it on Chrome's support page, though. Considering this:
I should also mention that it doesn't seem like I can scroll to hide on any website at all, and that my navigation bar isn't transparent on Chrome.
I don't think it's a problem on our end. I'll keep this thread open in case anyone is able to provide more info.

Users who are viewing this thread