[Mainsite] Signing in while on a title opened using /manga/random causes it to get randomized again [Fixed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Uploader
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log out completely from MangaDex (or in my case, I was logged out since its been a while)
2. Click on Random manga button on the sidenav
3. A title loads up, and the webpage link changes to be something like mangadex.org/title/random -> mangadex.org/title/$UUID
(realize you're logged out and need to sign in to add it to your lists)
4. Sign In to mangadex
(fwiw, I clicked the Guest avatar and clicked on the clickable rectangular portion with Guest written on the center)
5. Notice where you land back in after you're signed in

Actual Behavior:
After successfully signing in, get landed on a completely different title

Expected Behavior:
Since at Step 3, the title changes, I expected to see that title again after coming back signed in

Other:
Would be a plus if I could see the Randomizer button again after I signed in ofc, but tis fine even if fixing this removes that somehow

I made a "side question" about this, here.
I believe that the random button would make more sense if /manga/random just did a simple redirect to the target manga link, perhaps with a, idk, ?randomized=true or something appended to the url to make the reroll button show up? 🤔

My 2 cents 🙂

Dex-chan lover
/title/random seems to be in a pretty hacky state. If you click any of the other buttons (like art, related, etc.), it changes the URL back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread