Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Welcome To Demon School, Iruma-kun!

Contributor
@Ravelord2015 No, they’re not. They’re growing a brand new team within the group to take on older chapters. The team that’s been doing newer chapters will continue to put them out at their regular pace.

@lonefire
TLDR; IMO this is not a wasted effort! The proof is in the pudding!

In my opinion, this is absolutely not a wasted effort (as explained by flarewarrior in the first page of this comment section; it's training for new recruits). The first chapter is what's supposed to pull you in; although I'd rather have bad scanlations than no scanlations at all, a better scanlation is always more preferable. Here are three examples (there are more if you really compare both) of Misfits Scans' version being better: 1. on page 14 (page 13 in Wicked's version), if you look at Iruma's top three weak words in the raws (using machine translation) you can see that Misfits has the right order (Wicked messed the order up, plus "I'll leave it up to you" doesn't really make sense in this context), 2. also on page 14 (page 13 in Wicked's version), you can see that Misfits went the extra effort and translated the text on the contract (as well as sound effects throughtout the chapter), 3. on page 17 (page 18 in Misfits' version), the sentence "If you refuse to become my grandson, then you can become my dinner..." doesn't make sense given that we saw Iruma sign a contract three pages earlier.
I respect Wicked's efforts for providing English scanlations for this series when no other group was doing so but I think most people would agree that Misfits Scans' version is better overall.

Dex-chan lover
This means I won't have to say 'well the early chapters are kinda wonky due to translation issues but I promise it's worth it' whenever I recommend this manga to anyone who'll listen.

Group Leader
... Hmm, is it just me, or does Iruma's parents' hairstyle look very much like Alice's and Clara's? 🤔

Contributor
Reading this version immediately after the original WHT version is super jarring.
All of the plot points and characterization are the same, but not needing to auto-correct grammar is a huge plus.

I had to drop this manga even though I loved it because reading WH Translation’s “efforts” not only saw me die of old age between updates, but also gave me stage 2 leukemia. Thank you, Misfits Scans, for giving me back my hair and my sanity. May Truck-kun bless your souls and give you a big titty elf harem in your isekai adventure.

Dex-chan lover
Wheeze poor Iruma.
That being said where can I get me a grandpa like that lmaooo

Really liked the first chapter, it was hilarious!

Hoping to see some romance in further chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
What shitty parents Iruma had! So happy he's not with them anymore

Fed-Kun's army
Just came back after watching the anime! Their fight always crack me up 😂

well, technically, this mfer is his dad since he directly adopted him...but whatever floats your boat i guess

Users who are viewing this thread