Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 10 Ch. 81 - The Invincible Maiden.

Dex-chan lover
@NeroPR

I made an account on this site purely to comment on this series, you'll likely be seeing me for a while.

In regards to Opera, I refer to her as a she because I'm honestly going to be shocked if she ends up being male. There are a lot of things that point to her being a female, at least in my slightly-crazy opinion. Technically she's still androgynous and a question mark, but if it ends up being anything other than boyish girl I'm gonna be genuinely surprised.

@TheGTF

Actually, from my interpretation it's a lot less 'overpowered' than that. It reads more as something that draws out her full potential (and maybe a bit further) but it's not like it'll warp her up super high if her body isn't already capable of it. It seems more like a delimiter with a few extra perks, and even at the end of this quite short fight her body suffered some lashback damage.

Dex-chan lover
@Queenvon

If you mean after 81, it's being translated. If you mean the SS chapters like 72, those have just been given better TLs.

Banned
SO STRONG, MY FACE IS!
YOU PUNCH, BREAK FINGERS!
KICK ME, YOU'RE LIMPING!
STAB ME, YOU'RE BLEEDING!

Dex-chan lover
@UXLZ I still feel that Opera looks more male than female in both appearance and personality. Girls in this series are drawn with huge eyes and long eyelashes but Opera doesn't have those.

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19

While that's true, it may not be a hard and fast rule, especially if the author's intent is to make the audience question. Opera being a girl would be way too obvious if she had the typical eyes.
Also note that several of the boys have those features (Agares, Chadruma). Opera is generally extremely androgynous, but I lean towards her being a she for these reasons.

1.) Iruma needs a mother figure equivalent. Sullivan is there as his doting (grand)father, leaving the slot for mother open.

2.) During this arc, Everyone split up into groups of three boys with a male guardian, three boys with a male guardian, and three girls... With a male guardian? No, I think their guardian would likely be a female. In this case, Opera. This manga does have a few instances of 2 guys 1 girl that I think is echoed here.

3.) Opera, Kallego, and Balam are somewhat reminiscent of Iruma, Asmodeus, and Clara. In line with that '2 guys 1 girl' thing I mentioned, I believe that Opera corresponds to either Amelie or Clara or a hybrid of the two (and their personalities are actually not as far apart as they appear on the surface. From Kallego's reactions, we know that Opera went at her own pace and probably just did whatever she felt like, similar to Clara.) That leaves Kallego and Alice, and Balam and Iruma (who have also had a few similarities pointed out.)

4.) Opera's mannerisms in some scenes are pretty girly, or at least make me think of a girl who's restraining herself to appear serious and composed. Like the thing with her ears wobbling and a slight blush when Iruma gave her the heartstealer smile.

Double-page supporter
pretty sad beasts, some highschooler punched one to death

I love how alice and sabnock are like the typical shounen rival duo. With one being chill and cool (sasuke, yuno,)and the other one being hot-headed and ambitious(wants to be demon king/hokage/pirate king/wizard king).

Dex-chan lover
Singing to get stronger?
That girl is basically a Symphogear candidate lol

Just wait until she pulls out her Swan song~

Users who are viewing this thread