Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 17 Ch. 151.5 - EXTRA

@Barrier-kun
I apologize if I'm asking an inappropriate question, but I wonder what will happen to websites with scanlated/translated manga, such as this one?

Dex-chan lover
@CatherineOC Hi! I'm not so sure, I'm also wondering how will MD and others go about it. Let's just hope for the best. Better binge read all your favorites before anything sad will happen.

@Barrier-kun I admit that I'm a newbie fan of manga though I've had friends who've been fans for a long time. I must say websites that translate manga such as MD have been quite helpful in my discovery and appreciation of manga since I can't understand Japanese (not yet at least). I think fans, anyway, would surely, sooner or later, buy and support the original publications and merchandise of their favorite manga series. So honestly, I don't see websites such as MD as a degradation or violation of the interest of the authors and their publishing houses. I even think that in their own way, these websites help promote manga especially to the newbies and would-be fans. Of course, there are others who don't feel the same way. Anyways, as you say, let's just hope for the best. And thanks for your heads up about this new copyright law. :)

Aggregator gang
If you are worried about the changes with the copyright law, at least create a myanimelist account and bookmark your Anime and Manga series there in a chance of any site you are following gets hit by it. It'll probably be problematic with the big series from Shueisha and Kadokawa, so you all better be ready to one day try read something here and the site take out said series because of "cease and desist" from them.

Luckily, this affects more from the US and there are plenty of sites like Mangadex in other countries, but everyone goes here because it's one of the biggest sites out there that has a dedicated community, and the option of multiple languages for the same series is handy for someone like me who speaks 5 languages.

I mean, Shueisha does publish their stuff on Viz and MangaPlus, so they have a point on sending those cease & desist letters

This manga hasn't been picked up by anyone outside of Japan, so I dont see what point or harm it does to them. I also doubt Shonen Champion will care that much, since this is free publicity for the anime and manga, too.

@Meeeeee

Thought the break would be longer. Happy to know the next chaps are around the corner

Much thanks to the Misfits translators :)

Users who are viewing this thread