Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 7 Ch. 55 - Royal One

Pretty sure when he is being polite, he is just being snarky.

I really felt the chills, may be I was too engrossed and the scene suddenly popped when I scrolled down. I wasn't expecting the gang going around school like this. lol the whole chapter was an excitement for me.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone says they like this but I honestly don't because I can't stop thinking about this

giphy.gif

Aggregator gang
People are missing out on the point of this change. Iruma will to his normal self in a few chapters but I think he will be a little more assertive after this experience. And when things go wrong he will make more head level decisions and be in offensive when needed.

Aggregator gang
I was expecting the classic trope of him turning into a complete asshole and everyone going "We want the normal Iruma!!" but it's actually kind of awesome to see his base nature as a good person hasn't changed.

Banned
What is with the names?

Okay... during the whole idol arc, our resident meganekko went through quite a few names...

But should she be called "Crocell" or "Kerokeru" or whatever? Maybe back to Kuro-whatever... I don't know. I'm usually pretty chill about weird and wacky translations... but inconsistency really bugs me, especially with names. I'm bad with names, and when what I'm reading can't even use them consistently they lose all value AS names.

At this rate I'm going to have to nickname everyone.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto
It's because the family names of the demons are from the 72 demons of Solomon, from the Ars Goetia (one of the books of the Lesser Key of Solomon). Crocell is supposed to be Crocell, as that's one of the demons (Castlevania players might recognize one of the alternative names for Crocell, "Procel"). Kinda like how Clara is Valac. The demons: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_demons_in_the_Ars_Goetia

The only points of contention really are how to romanize their first names, as they're just katakana.

Banned
@StaticTransit : That is fine and all, but I honestly don't care whether they're getting the names right or not as long as they're consistent.
Thing is... they're not. They're not consistent at all.

Dex-chan lover
@SotiCoto
Yeah, sometimes you'll see them use the romaji rather than the "proper" name and that's probably due to TL not knowing that they're demon names. That being said, even the demon names can differ, as one demon can have multiple different ways to spell its name (their names tend to be transliterated from Hebrew or Ancient Greek, which is itself often transliterated from Hebrew). As an example, Asmodeus has many different ways of writing its name. There's Asmodai, Ashmedai, Osmodeus, Asmodee, etc.

Inconsistency in names is unfortunately how things are when there isn't an official romanization and multiple different groups have contributed to the translation over time (as often happens with longer series).

I'm pretty sure he won't stay this way for a long time but it is refreshing to see Iruma being bad ass

Users who are viewing this thread