Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 9 Ch. 79 - Victory Roar

I'm crying at how this is his idea of fun,,,, but the panel of him destroying the absolute fuck of the beast was awesome

Dex-chan lover
@NeroPR

Considering you've read the later chapters, does it take a bit of a more serious/darker turn? It really seems like the author would be able to do that well. Obviously, comedy hijinks would still exist, but this chapter had some pretty gruesome images which tells me they're willing to go there. They're actually pretty damn good at drawing battle scenes.

From the volume covers it looks like Iruma goes through a military training course or something (that's all I can think of seeing the outfit he's in, and thank god it looks so much better than the normal school uniform) so maybe improving his personal strength actually ends up being one of his goals.

Aggregator gang
@UXLZ The next big arc just ended in the manga, so now I can talk about it a little to give you some context. Iruma's abnormal class will start to work on their abilities (bloodline abilities) and fighting style (not all of them are fighting types, there are support or manipulators), so they can have a better chance when participating on what is called the Harvest Festival of the school, imagine it like the chunin exam from Naruto. The students will be divided into groups of two. There will be some character development to everyone in the class, so start to remember their names soon haha.

They will stay a few days in the forest on the school grounds gathering items that are attached to a point system. Whoever gather the most valuable items, get more points, or people who hoard normal items can gather lots of points too. The three first places get a rank up. You can engage in fighting (but you can't kill or gravely wound other students, or else you will be declassified) or try to hide and protect yourself until the end, but there is a thing, you can deposit your items in checkpoints prepared by the teachers and the student council to convert the item in points.

So expect people fighting between themselves, alliances forming and betraying themselves in the end, people trying to trick group fights so they can get whoever wins and deal with them, lots of strategies and comedy in a Iruma-kun fashion. I will just say this, the arc has a slow start and this is the point where Iruma understands he can't get left behind since he has no offensive abilities like any other normal Demon. He will have a hard time while training, and he won't go from 0 to hero just yet (although his luck will help at some points haha). There will be a foreshadowing about the Demon King prophecy at the end of the arc. And the next arc seems to be where Baal will be going after Iruma because there are some who will learn about he being a human.

Dex-chan lover
@NeroPR

Daaamn, sounds like exactly what I was hoping for. God I wish this translation was progressing faster, this manga may actually be a very serious contender for my #1 of all time, at least as much as you can try to decide that sort of thing. 'Aint easy, there are lots that are really good. For reference, current #1 is Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa.

I don't want it go full grimdark like Berserk, but there have been moments in this series that suggest it may end up being much, much more than the already brilliant romcom that it is. I don't really want to say it's the next HxH, but it has a chance to become that good. It has the potential.

This is something I guessed from the volume covers, but am I correct in assuming that we have Christmas, then Valentine's Day themed arcs coming up next? I'm looking forward to the eventual outfit update. The standard school uniform is a little bit of an eyesore sometimes when it's colored in blue.

The students being in groups of two is interesting. I hope Iruma paired up with Alice, since we already had the 'not on the same team' moment in the Dodgeball arc, so them working together in a very serious competition could be amazing. It would also be extremely interesting to see Clara act on her own since from memory she hasn't really done that. She also sounds like she'd be insanely overpowered for that event since all she has to do is try and catch sight of as many items as possible, then pull them all out right for free.

Aggregator gang
@UXLZ About the costumes, there won't be a Arc dedicated to any of these events (until now), but the latest chapter was one with Ameri and Iruma making valentine cookies together, it was one of those chapters in between arcs so the audience can take it easy.

On the aspect of this manga getting grim/dark. I don't it will get much darker overall, but I could be mistaken. But I can see the stakes getting higher every time to the point of no recognition at the end of the story, just like what happened to Mahou Sensei Negima, but without losing its humor centered way of telling the story.

My hopes are high if things keep going the way they are. I wish the manga to get more attention in the future, and hope that you enjoy the journey too.

Dex-chan lover
@NeroPR

Ah, so the covers are mostly unrelated to the actual content of the story in the volume? My personal thought was that we'd have a Christmas, then Valentine's, then Iruma would be a second year and that's where the new military-looking uniform comes from, though I now know it's likely for the Chuunin Exam stuff. It's nice to see him clothing that's a bit more unique, considering what Alice and Clara wear. His Chadruma form wearing the jacket One Piece Marine Admiral style was really cool.

When I say 'darker', I don't necessarily mean turning into Berserk or HxH, as stated. What I mean is embracing the darkness that it HAS shown thus far and having that be more common, more front and center. Like for instance in this chapter, the thing with Handshake's hands getting destroyed was a pretty gruesome image, it's not something you'd expect from a manga that was only interested in sticking to comedy.

Also, don't call her Ameri! XD
I know that's the official TL, but a proper English TL is clearly Amelie. It'd be like calling Sullivan Sariban. Always irritates me when, say, 'Alice' is TL'd as 'Arisu.'

Hm, I wonder if this series has a Discord?

Ok kalego san no need to show off akdjd my heart just oomph no andksjdkajahf thank you so much for translating

Users who are viewing this thread