MajiGawa! ~Mahou Shoujo no Kigurumi~ - Ch. 1

Power Uploader
Translator's note: This series (which is currently a two-part guest series but that may change if feedback is positive enough) seems to be playing around with the concept of "gawa" (外見, how people act in public) and "honne" (本音, their actual nature), hence why the monsters are called "Honnaders". Also some thematic wordplay where the "Maji" (マジ) in the title is both short for "magical" and gyaru slang meaning "for real".

I'm still waiting for another twist, like the other girl getting transformed by the same doll.
If I had to guess where a full series of this would go, it's
  • They take turns using the suit while gradually becoming friends
  • Being in disguise lets Ougami come out of her shell and become popular, but it's tinged by guilt knowing that people's impressions are distorted by confusing her with Sakura
  • Meanwhile Sakura has imposter syndrome and doesn't feel nearly as qualified for this as Ougami thinks she is
  • In the finale they somehow split the suit's power in two through the power of friendship, allowing them to both transform at the same time and fight together. However when using the power in this way they no longer take on the doll's appearance and are fully recognisable as themselves.
It's also possible that this is a Hakumen situation: the villain used to be the magical girl until ejecting her dark "true self" so that she could pursue her desires more freely, leaving behind a shell which retained her original power and mission.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Cool! Sometime is now doing a Precure parody!

I hope this doesn't distract from their icy knight manga.

Dex-chan lover
This is unexpectedly more fun than I thought it would be

Users who are viewing this thread