Katabutsu-kei Joshi ni Kokuhaku shitemita - Ch. 18 - I tried to find out about my serious girlfriend's social circle 1

Well you seem like a perfectly paranoid yandere, but I can respect that. At least you don't have double standards so that's cool, I suppose everyone goes about relationships in a different way? I don't have any friends (of the opposite gender at least):fml: so I guess it wouldn't be too hard to have a girlfriend right? Haha.
No. This is the norm. It's only recently that people have started insisting that you can just do whatever, whenever, and with whoever, and if your supposed lover/spouse has a problem, he can go fuck himself. The fact is that once you're in a serious relationship, you don't belong to yourself. And part of what that means is you're no longer allowed to entertain advances from other people, or even give the appearance that you are. He has a problem with this. Anyone would have known that ahead of time. If she cares about him, his feelings matter more than talking to some random dickhead.

I mean, think about it. What's more important? Not hurting your wife's feelings, or talking about the weather with a coworker? Realistically, there's no winning scenario here because they're either completely platonic, and not talking about anything important, while the boy here is seething in pure jealousy- or they're getting closer to each other and risking an affair forming... while the boy here is seething in pure jealousy.

The relationship is about setting terms for the marriage. If you don't like the terms, then break up. His terms are "I don't like you talking to other guys". The response isn't "Don't worry about it

but one thing to think about is that I'm pretty sure the girlfriend never even responded to the dude asking about stuff, or at least her response wasn't shown. She might have even turned him down.
She was having a full conversation with the guy, and apparently enjoying herself. She even had a slight blush at the time. All while outright telling him she'll contact him. She's not exactly the indirect type either. So if she didn't want to, I doubt she'd sit around shooting the shit with him like that, much less agree to contact him after obviously having exchanged contact info.

Dex-chan lover
No. This is the norm. It's only recently that people have started insisting that you can just do whatever, whenever, and with whoever, and if your supposed lover/spouse has a problem, he can go fuck himself. The fact is that once you're in a serious relationship, you don't belong to yourself. And part of what that means is you're no longer allowed to entertain advances from other people, or even give the appearance that you are. He has a problem with this. Anyone would have known that ahead of time. If she cares about him, his feelings matter more than talking to some random dickhead.

I mean, think about it. What's more important? Not hurting your wife's feelings, or talking about the weather with a coworker? Realistically, there's no winning scenario here because they're either completely platonic, and not talking about anything important, while the boy here is seething in pure jealousy- or they're getting closer to each other and risking an affair forming... while the boy here is seething in pure jealousy.

The relationship is about setting terms for the marriage. If you don't like the terms, then break up. His terms are "I don't like you talking to other guys". The response isn't "Don't worry about it

She was having a full conversation with the guy, and apparently enjoying herself. She even had a slight blush at the time. All while outright telling him she'll contact him. She's not exactly the indirect type either. So if she didn't want to, I doubt she'd sit around shooting the shit with him like that, much less agree to contact him after obviously having exchanged contact info.
Ok but he never actually set any terms, so that's on him. You can't seeth from jealousy when your girlfriend talks to their coworker when you never even said you don't want them to do that.

Aren't they working together on something? I feel like it would be harder to do that if she didn't exchange contact info.

And you're right, she isn't the indirect type, in fact she probably didn't even know that the dude was hitting on her because of how direct she is, after all the MC has to state things very obviously for her to get it, and even with him being really upset about her talking to the dude she still had a question mark when she said "is this what they call jealousy?"

So yeah now that I look at it I knew something was different, the girl is just way too dense when it comes to anything that isn't straightforward, so of course she wouldn't turn him down, she didn't even know he was hitting on her in the first place.

Also since when has having friends of the opposite gender = being a slut? Platonic relationships do exist yanno, and some people get introduced to their future spouse by someone of the opposite gender, so what do you say to that? And I feel like if I couldn't even trust my wife to have a male friend and not be sleeping with him then that relationship is flimsy and going to fall apart.

Ok but he never actually set any terms, so that's on him.
This is one of those obvious things. And he's outright telling her that he's jealous. Even if we pretend she's actually retarded, the jig was up the instant she realized he was jealous and he confirmed it right to her face.

Aren't they working together on something? I feel like it would be harder to do that if she didn't exchange contact info.
I'm sure they are. But so far, the conversation wasn't about discussing a work matter. He said he was "glad he could talk to her", then told her to contact him, all while she had this tiny blush on her face.
And you're right, she isn't the indirect type, in fact she probably didn't even know that the dude was hitting on her because of how direct she is, after all the MC has to state things very obviously for her to get it,
My brother in Christ, what are you talking about?
and even with him being really upset about her talking to the dude she still had a question mark when she said "is this what they call jealousy?"
That wasn't a question, it was a realization.
So yeah now that I look at it I knew something was different, the girl is just way too dense when it comes to anything that isn't straightforward, so of course she wouldn't turn him down, she didn't even know he was hitting on her in the first place.
No, seriously, what are you on about? When has she ever not taken a hint?
Also since when has having friends of the opposite gender = being a slut?
Huh? Is there some other guy you're talking to about this? Because I sure never said "slut".
Platonic relationships do exist yanno, and some people get introduced to their future spouse by someone of the opposite gender, so what do you say to that?
That there's no such thing as a platonic relationship between a man and a woman. I know this, you know this, and the sooner you stop pretending not to, the sooner we can have a serious discussion about this.
And I feel like if I couldn't even trust my wife to have a male friend and not be sleeping with him then that relationship is flimsy and going to fall apart.
If you feel you need to "prove" how "strong" your relationship is by allowing your wife to disrespect you, it's already fallen apart.

Dex-chan lover
This is one of those obvious things. And he's outright telling her that he's jealous. Even if we pretend she's actually retarded, the jig was up the instant she realized he was jealous and he confirmed it right to her face.

I'm sure they are. But so far, the conversation wasn't about discussing a work matter. He said he was "glad he could talk to her", then told her to contact him, all while she had this tiny blush on her face.

My brother in Christ, what are you talking about?

That wasn't a question, it was a realization.

No, seriously, what are you on about? When has she ever not taken a hint?

Huh? Is there some other guy you're talking to about this? Because I sure never said "slut".

That there's no such thing as a platonic relationship between a man and a woman. I know this, you know this, and the sooner you stop pretending not to, the sooner we can have a serious discussion about this.

If you feel you need to "prove" how "strong" your relationship is by allowing your wife to disrespect you, it's already fallen apart.
I never said I was proving anything, just saying that if one male friend is all it takes for the entire relationship to fall apart then that's pretty flimsy.

Also I'm pretty sure I have a platonic relationship with my mom, my sisters, and my cousins, so yeah...

I never said I was proving anything, just saying that if one male friend is all it takes for the entire relationship to fall apart then that's pretty flimsy.
Everyone else knows better.
Also I'm pretty sure I have a platonic relationship with my mom, my sisters, and my cousins, so yeah...
You can fight a straw man all you like, it's not going to make you right.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone else knows better.

You can fight a straw man all you like, it's not going to make you right.
I don't think pointing out multiple examples of platonic relationships is a strawman, but ok. I also have platonic relationships with multiple other people outside of my family, but I guess that's also just me fighting straw men and I must secretly be in love with the 70 year old women I know and the 7 year old girls as well.

I don't think pointing out multiple examples of platonic relationships is a strawman, but ok.
"Men and women can't be friends"
"Well I haven't committed incest, so guess you're wrong"
"???"
I also have platonic relationships with multiple other people outside of my family, but I guess that's also just me fighting straw men and I must secretly be in love with the 70 year old women I know and the 7 year old girls as well.
You're friends with a 7 year old? I think you either aren't engaging with the argument in good faith, or you're unable to understand what's being said. Because so far your examples include: Relatives, a geriatric, and a prepubescent child.

Dex-chan lover
"Men and women can't be friends"
"Well I haven't committed incest, so guess you're wrong"
"???"

You're friends with a 7 year old? I think you either aren't engaging with the argument in good faith, or you're unable to understand what's being said. Because so far your examples include: Relatives, a geriatric, and a prepubescent child.
Well you seem to be set in your ways and won't admit that men and women can have a platonic relationship, so yeah I can see why you said the girlfriend can't have any contact with males besides the boyfriend. but that just makes me question one thing, do you think that every woman you've met actually wanted to sleep with you? If not, then you had a little something called a PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP. Unless you're some kind of nymphomaniac and actually have wanted to sleep with every woman you met, then I guess there DO exist platonic relationships between men and women.

Well you seem to be set in your ways and won't admit that men and women can have a platonic relationship, so yeah I can see why you said the girlfriend can't have any contact with males besides the boyfriend. but that just makes me question one thing, do you think that every woman you've met actually wanted to sleep with you? If not, then you had a little something called a PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP. Unless you're some kind of nymphomaniac and actually have wanted to sleep with every woman you met, then I guess there DO exist platonic relationships between men and women.
Look, buddy. First it's "I don't commit incest", then it's "I don't fuck grannies", and then it's "I don't molest children". Now we've retreated to "Women you've merely met don't express interest". You're not willing or able to address the actual heart of the issue. I assume it's less because you realize that you can't argue against the point being made, and more because you literally don't care what it is. So I'm leaving it at this until you decide to address what I actually say.

Dex-chan lover
Look, buddy. First it's "I don't commit incest", then it's "I don't fuck grannies", and then it's "I don't molest children". Now we've retreated to "Women you've merely met don't express interest". You're not willing or able to address the actual heart of the issue. I assume it's less because you realize that you can't argue against the point being made, and more because you literally don't care what it is. So I'm leaving it at this until you decide to address what I actually say.
No I did address what you said, you refuse to address what I'm saying, it doesn't matter how many examples of platonic relationships I give, you will still believe that any man and woman that know each other want to sleep with each other (unless apparently some age limit is there? Like what's the age limit then? Do you think a male teacher wants to sleep with all his female students in highschool?) so which one is it? Do platonic relationships exist or does it not count because of something like "oh they weren't in the right age range so it doesn't count" or "oh you were related so it doesn't count" or "oh you just didn't know each other enough so it doesn't count" SO WHEN DOES IT COUNT?

It's pretty obvious you just won't accept ANY of my examples of platonic relationships as valid, and I would pretty much have to dox myself to prove the point (which I'm not going to do) oh and by the way, incest does exist, so a platonic relationship between siblings IS valid proof. (Especially when you have an older sister as cute as mine- huh what? I didn't say anything...)

Dex-chan lover
I believe your original point was that anyone in a relationship shouldn't have any friends of the opposite gender because if they do they are obviously cheating on their spouse, which is just straight up stupid. Honestly I don't know why I even bothered arguing with someone that said that in the first place, huge waste of time.

I believe your original point was that anyone in a relationship shouldn't have any friends of the opposite gender because if they do they are obviously cheating on their spouse, which is just straight up stupid. Honestly I don't know why I even bothered arguing with someone that said that in the first place, huge waste of time.

You didn't respond. You told me you talk to your relatives without fucking them, that you're "friends" with a 7 year old (As if you can be in the first place) and didn't fuck her, and that you're "Friends" with a geriatric... and didn't fuck her.

Absolute nunce.

Users who are viewing this thread