Majo no Tabitabi

The first 2 volumes, (8 chapters) are available to buy in English. Maybe better to scanslate chapter 9 onwards (which will be released as vol 3 in November 2021). Just my thoughts, not my intention to step on anyone's toes here!

Aggregator gang
K since this wont be updated and the anime wont touch on it, why the hell won't anyone tell her that her mother is
her idol? Like fran known, and obviously her parents know
why not tell her and tell her when obviously many people around her know

Fed-Kun's army
@Daeat
But the anime did touch about it on episode 11. Elaina already knew that her mother is Nike but she chose to feign ignorance due to reasons mentioned in that episode.

Aggregator gang
@Azzy07 hmm guess i somehow missed it, or Didn't actually watch ep 11... Well thanks tho, ill go back and see lol

Dex-chan lover
I’m just thankful to the one who build this page added official English release. Makes it easier to support the author and the artist

Why they created good looking character, but with such awful personality. In every episode she acts like an as..le, and I lost any interest to follow a story and dropped.

This is an interesting manga, but it feels like the art and the presentation are often at odds with the tone and events of the story. Many of the chapters start out seemingly lighthearted, but involved some sort of twist or tragic ending. Perhaps because of the writing or the restrictions imposed by many of the chapters being self-contained stories, the emotional payoff that these chapters tried to achieve felt cheap or unearned, at least to me.

In the first quarter or so of the chapters, Elaine, who is a self-professed powerful witch, comes off as cold and self-centered, doing nothing to help people despite it seeming well within her abilities to do so. She eventually has a conversation with her mentor about this, and her mentor states that magic alone can't help people. This seems like an easy out taken by the author to excuse Elaine's apparent indifference because we see as the story progresses that magic is very powerful, and witches like Elaine have a certain amount of status in the world, and magic could definitely have helped some of the people she encountered. Elaine does become more proactive in helping people as the story progresses, so maybe this is intended as character growth, but it does portray her in a pretty negative light early.

As to the chapters and stories themselves, it seems like the majority involve some sort of tragic twist or death, which feels at odds with the conceit of the story being presented as the wonder of travel, discovery, and exploration. Most of the towns Elaine visits harbor some sort of dark secret, which dulls the shine of seeing each new town considerably, when you just end up wondering what the new disturbing truth will end up being. Elaine and her fellow witches generally end up being fine, but that just conveys the message that if you are well off and powerful, you can go where you please and see the world, but for everyone else, the world is dark and scary.

The main characters tend to be well-written, and all of the different towns are distinct (if not secretly evil) making the world overall feel well thought out. Those parts of the story are interesting to read, but the constant turns toward death and tragedy bring down the work overall and dilute the impact that any one of those death might have on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread