Majo to Kyurasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - 19th Dose: Witches and Desire

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 9, 2023
Messages
539
not for Shien, it's heavily implied in an earlier chapter if not outright stated that nothing happened to Shien. But that the sheer boredom and loneliness of not having Tama with her to manage the aspects of her life outside of alchemy turned her into who she is today. Falling into a deep depression because there was just nothing for her to do or look forward to without Tama.
Strange, but I read it exactly the opposite. In chapter 9.1, page 7 she said that "Really, nothing happened at all" but I think she meant "So much of 'nothing' happened, that now I can't function properly without being constantly on my own drugs." She definitely has a crippling PTSD, just don't want to tell what she went through to Tama.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 9, 2023
Messages
539
yeah - I read all of this as Tama being the "normal" one—i.e. the one who didn't suffer severe trauma, and thus will be instrumental in helping the others heal, as they all help one another heal as well.

She also doesn't "need" a big tragic backstory; she's the lens character of the series (for the most part), and so having someone who isn't carrying a metric tonne of narrative baggage who can be the primary perspective for the reader means that the others can have their stories focused on more effectively. Her being more even-keeled provides a bit of a contextual contrast that the other characters can be compared against, and she gives readers someone to relate to in a series that has a lot of heavy stuff happening.
Oh no, I think everyone will get their trauma, but I imagine Tama will have it in a different way.

Imagine, Tama find out her relative wellbeing after fleeing from the Witch Hunt wasn't an accident and in fact was bought by lives of some other witches that Shien had to give away to witch hunters in order to strain them from Tama.

On top of that, imagine that Shien didn't done out of love, but for pure instrumental purpose, so Tama, safe from being crippled by witch hunters, in future would help to recover witch society from the ruin that Witch Hunt would certainly brought to them.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 7, 2025
Messages
4,476
Edging me with this lore man
I'm just dying to know

Mhm
This dynamics very nice as well
Yeah
Doth shall come clean with thy feelings
And see what bares from them?

Modes great as always
I feel extremely obligated to state that

Have a nice day :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top