Make reviews more restrictive& less spammable

• Yay

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Group Leader
As some might have heard there is a bit of an issue where some manga(edit:chapters) were review bombarded to make others stand out more. I present a more restrictive review method that's present on another smutty website (F95zone). The reviews there need to be supported by an explanation/reasoning/positives and negatives/anything to make the reviews worthy of being submitted. Anyone with more than enough interest/who actually read the manga can post their reasoning and mods can remove the reviews that are non-compliant/spam.

[ul]Character minimum of 200[/ul]
[ul]removable by mods[/ul]
[ul]Have to be clear with the reasoning[/ul]

Other than that I would actually be able to read people thoughts when I visit the manga's page instead of just synopsis. Maybe ability to like the reviews as well

Contributor
where some chapters were review bombarded to make others stand out more
It's not like individual chapters of a series can be rated here on MangaDex, so I'm not sure what the concern is.

Double-page supporter
FbIrMBV.png

MangaDex has reviews?

Double-page supporter
@Nagariku : reviews, are ratings with extra comments
I'm still confused. You mean, when people post a comment and manually type in their rating when they larp as critics?
Because as of now, ratings and comments are separate entities and can't be classified as reviews.

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused since when does md have reviews? I know they're planned but when did they get implemented?

Fed-Kun's army
OP is basically asking for the planned review feature to be implemented and for it to work in a specific way he is fond of, which apparently also makes it substitute ratings entirely.

Which basically makes this a repeat suggestion since reviews are already on the planned features.

Even if you try to spin this as asking for ratings to be justified, that is just another way to say you want a review system instead of a rating one.

lies. reviews are garbage. reviewers are worse then garbage. Only As Seen On TV "THIS IS A FRAUD PRODUCT!!!" reviews are acceptable.

Dex-chan lover
there is a bit of an issue where some manga were review bombarded to make others stand out more
I've never heard something even somewhat resembling this before.

Seems like OP is misinterpreting the responses people have. Add that to the fact that the original post reads like it's from some alternate universe, and I don't know if the purpose of this thread is even worth attempting to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread