Makyou Seikatsu: Gakeppuchi Boukensha ga Hikikomoru ni wa Hirosugiru - Ch. 14

Tju

Dex-chan lover
I only just now realized this ends at chapter 15.
while it wasn't super original, especcially the first chapters managed to use certain tropes in an interesting ways.

does anybody know if this was based on an WN/LN?

Dex-chan lover
Does it even exist a ch. 15? Neither the "official raw" nor the 3rd volume has it...

Fed-Kun's army
Reading a few random chapters from the WN, there were a lot of things barely hinted at in the story so far. There's a chapter each from the girl's PoVs after this fight.

Jennifer is actually a really strong tank. Chel turned down the position of demon lord and is actually completely fluent and intelligent. Sylvia is from a clan of kind of vampires. Helly is a necromancer and researcher into all kinds of magic some forbidden.

Group Leader
Am I to understand this go axed?
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised, but maaan.
It's not axed if the publisher decides to make it short from the get go.
This is an adaptation to advertise the novel, nothing more. It was never made to reach the end of the real plot but rather to whet your appetite and read the book instead.

Dex-chan lover
I did end up going to their site to try and read it (I rarely go to other sites but for the final chapter of a manga I might, assuming it is not one they kept for months to drive readers there forever), and wow the ui was bad. Screen shaked up-and-down constantly as I tried to read (each time you scrolled upwards, some header was spawned and pages moved smoothly, and each time you then scrolled down, it was deleted and the pages jumped harshly as a result).

Also saw no ads or annoying gdpr overlays or the like - though some of that might be attributed to (obviously) having ublock - and didn't seem to require some sort of in-game currency with microtransactions (or microtransactions at all) locking that last chapter behind a paywall. So that was acceptable (though I don't want to read there again simply because of that ui issue)

Dex-chan lover
I did end up going to their site to try and read it (I rarely go to other sites but for the final chapter of a manga I might, assuming it is not one they kept for months to drive readers there forever), and wow the ui was bad. Screen shaked up-and-down constantly as I tried to read (each time you scrolled upwards, some header was spawned and pages moved smoothly, and each time you then scrolled down, it was deleted and the pages jumped harshly as a result).

Also saw no ads or annoying gdpr overlays or the like - though some of that might be attributed to (obviously) having ublock - and didn't seem to require some sort of in-game currency with microtransactions (or microtransactions at all) locking that last chapter behind a paywall. So that was acceptable (though I don't want to read there again simply because of that ui issue)
Thanks for taking one for the team

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for taking one for the team
tbf, so long as you don't scroll upwards often it should be fine. Main issue I have is a broken scroll-wheel locked into free-scrolling mode (that's the no-friction mode logitech mice has) that caused it to scroll up and down repeatedly whenever I stopepd scrolling down :p

Dex-chan lover
It's not axed if the publisher decides to make it short from the get go.
This is an adaptation to advertise the novel, nothing more. It was never made to reach the end of the real plot but rather to whet your appetite and read the book instead.
Doesn't seem to have worked, the one and only novel volume came out in 2021, same year the manga ended... (webnovel is continuing though)

Users who are viewing this thread