Male and Female Protagonist Tags :rejected:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can tags for male and female protagonists be added to the search function? I often want to read an action/adventure manga with a female protagonist, but currently I can only search by the genre. As such I get a ton of results that only have male protagonists, and have to sort through a huge list before I find the ones with female protagonists. I'm sure this issue goes both ways; the majority of romance novels have female protagonists, which makes searching for male protagonists in this genre harder. Most other novel websites have male and female protagonist tags, and I'm sure plenty of other people also face this issue when browsing the site.

Dex-chan lover
@skilodracus Character specific tags are rejected because as soon as you add one, people are gonna ask for more and they pile up quick, from male female, to weak strong, cruel kind, etc
Use manga updates or myanimelist if you want to look for specific character tags

@Yatsuki I get not wanting to spiral into the hole of character tags, as they can quickly get overwhelming, but at the same time I feel like the gender of a protagonist changes the nature of a story enough to be included. It doesn't describe the character of a protagonist; just marks how relatable the protagonist might be for certain audiences. Maybe I'm alone in this, but the gender of a main character affects how relatable I find them.

Fed-Kun's army
I get not wanting to spiral into the hole of character tags, as they can quickly get overwhelming, but at the same time I feel like the gender of a protagonist changes the nature of a story enough to be included. It doesn't describe the character of a protagonist; just marks how relatable the protagonist might be for certain audiences. Maybe I'm alone in this, but the gender of a main character affects how relatable I find them.
Like @Yatsuki said, you can use Mangaupdates or MAL to find a specific manga that fits your need, even now there were many manga that doesn't get tagged properly on MD. Adding more tags would only bring mess especially vague tags like "character specific tags". This suggestion has been rejected many times
PYLCsPV.png

https://mangadex.org/thread/148705

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread