Managing a Wild Idol - Vol. 1 Ch. 14

Supporter
20240223031723-e7265778.png

That was some mental gymnastics, huh?​

Supporter
That was such a heart warming chapter, they are starting to be able to share their feelings more. Thanks so much for the chapter and the translation

Supporter
The only problem with this strip is it makes me want to start smoking again.
I keep seeing things like this where smoking being cool and sexy and so forth is like a fundamental assumption, and it really just throws me - where I'm from (Australia) smoking is pretty widely seen as nasty and dirty as well as unhealthy. It seems like in most Asian countries it's still got the cool vibe associated with it, even though they clearly get the health risks . . .

Not that it stops me enjoying stories like this, but it's kind of a niggling thing I have to consciously ignore when I'm reading them.

Supporter
Any has a TLDR of most recent events so i can recall whats the current plot ? Been so long i forgot

Dex-chan lover
I keep seeing things like this where smoking being cool and sexy and so forth is like a fundamental assumption, and it really just throws me - where I'm from (Australia) smoking is pretty widely seen as nasty and dirty as well as unhealthy. It seems like in most Asian countries it's still got the cool vibe associated with it, even though they clearly get the health risks . . .
It's been interesting to watch it go out of fashion in real-world Japan over the past 20-25 years or so. When I first went to Tokyo, everyone smoked everywhere. Indoors, outdoors, restaurants, whatever. Men and women alike. It was like watching Mad Men. Nowadays it's almost as hard to light up as in a big American city. Earlier this year they even shut down the smoking rooms on the bullet train.

Anyway, Japanese popular media is a little behind the real-life trend, but I figure it's gonna catch up soon enough.

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess... the manager used to be the idol that Maron looks up too

Users who are viewing this thread