Manga like Kusuriya no Hitorikoto/Usotoki Rhetoric

Group Leader
Hello, looking for recommendations for manga that have similar vibes to Kusuriya no Hitorikoto or Usotoki Rhetoric! (light novels okay too)

Namely, stories with plot (can be episodic) as its central focus with a side of romance (not yuri/yaoi, love triangles/harems though) and a heroine that is actually shown to be capable of thinking + not very shoujo or dramatic in terms of tone. As in, no excessive fan service/blushing and pages after pages filled with sparkles ^^; If you know of any manga similar to this, I'd very much appreciate it!!

Plus points if it's complete or nearing completion! :)

(I honestly don't know if I'll be able to find any :/ but worth a try...)

Group Leader
Hmm I guess to add onto this
Arte is a good example of the vibe+slight romance I'm looking for too! Koroshi Ai could also be in this category... as well as Okoborehime to Entaku no Kishi, which is yet another major favorite of mine too.

I'll leave this here in case there's anyone else like me who really enjoyed either of my above too stories; if anyone can add to this list, I'd be super grateful :DD

Group Leader
@salmazwn
no i had not!! this is wonderful, thank you :D

@zdarkbrz_816
This is (also) perfect and not at all shoujo-y to the extent I was hoping against, so ty!! :D

@MrIncognito
Ah yes, yet another great manga. I already read it (as well as the novel, lol) and loved it to no end, so you're spot on. Thank you!!

Group Leader
If anyone else has anything more to this end, please please please recommend me more!! :D

@skillet
-gekkakoku kiiden
-nengara nembakuen sassenka
-tendou-ke monogatari
-eikoku monogatari shunka torikae shou
-matsurika kanriden
those have the same historical vibe for me and the protagonists are self-reliant(?) and independent(?). something like that lmao, just check it out. hope this help :)

@skillet glad it suits what you're looking for. I was wondering if you've read it since it's quite popular in webtoon for the wonderful art and story.

I saw this thread and couldn't help but add some recommendations.

Gosick mystery plus slight romance.
Angels of death
To be you,even just for a day
Moon flower country's strange doctor not sure about this since it's more shojou-y but the mc is a doctor occupation similiar to kusuriya no hitorigoto. Didin't start reading this yet.
Hyouka Another mystery with a slight bit of romance . There's a Light novel ( translated ) and I recommend reading it first.
Aoharuxkikanjuu
Umi no Cradle
Koukyuu days

to be you even for just a day has probably one of my favorite MCs of all time she is so badass you should definitely check it out

If you like koroshi ai maybe you'd enjoy raise wa tanin ga ii or crimson karma

actually seeing all the recommendation up there makes me want to add more. though these weren't all historical.

-warau kanoko sama (there isnt really any romance but the sequel 'koi dano ai dano' is a romance)
-koi dano ai dano (yes it's the sequel)
-cheese in the trap (i thought of this from purple hyacinth recommendation)
-azusa kasasagi and seven enemies (just got scanlated so there are only 2 chapters but it's really good)
-cold game (i think this is historical? i forget haha but the mc is really cool)
-mystery for my dear a (the fl is really chill i like her)
-may i ask for one final thing? (no comment, shes badass)
-of course, i'll claim palimony (its kinda shojouy)
-sensei no yasashii koroshi kata (if u like koroshi ai this might be good and the others similar manga have been mentioned)

yea thats all, thank you for coming to my ted talk. hope whoever read this would like it ;) im sorry i just have too many mangas i want to share ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread