Mangas not loading correctly on iPad

Hi there,

here is a screenshot
The problem on the title has been happening for a while now, more than a month or even more (I access the site from time to time to read in batch my follows).
I could not find a pattern for this (I’m a developer myself) it seems to happen randomly and only on the safari browser on the IPad
I’ve also tested it on the iPhone, same mangas and it work fine there. I also have a Samsung galaxy tab and it also loads fine there on Google chrome.
What I did find is that when this happens if I refresh multiple times before the previous request finishes sometimes it loads.
my setup:
iPad pro
IOS always latest currently on 16.6
Safari web browser

the spinner keeps spinning forever (I’ve let it running for more then 5 minutes to test)

as you can see on the image above it loads a few pages but not all
I’ve also seen cases that no pages loads at all
this happened on different mangas from different uploaders

Solution
No changes.
to be clear you enabled the data saver mode from Mangadex in settings

zVbL2Lb.png

and not the one in iOS? MD allows very high quality images to be uploaded
Yes that is correct. I will try and report back.
No changes.
I enabled data saver and found same behaviour. Also I noticed this problem accessing the site from my home network which is fairly fast 350Kbps download 250Kbps upload, I did not test it from a cellular network.
something I didn’t mention before, it happens both on full screen and non full screen screenshot below with both

to be clear you enabled the data saver mode from Mangadex in settings

zVbL2Lb.png

and not the one in iOS? MD allows very high quality images to be uploaded
Hi there, I thought you were referring to the iOS one. And I just tested this one from Mangadex settings and it seems to have resolved the issue.
so thank you.

I will leave it with this setting enabled. If you guys need me to test something else let me know.

Thank you again.

Power Uploader
Ooops you right, sorry, --M—bps
Yeah, that's MUCH better.
Hi there, I thought you were referring to the iOS one. And I just tested this one from Mangadex settings and it seems to have resolved the issue.
so thank you.

I will leave it with this setting enabled. If you guys need me to test something else let me know.

Thank you again.
Well, if you're having issues with that speed, your ISP's route to MangaDex is most likely messed up, so if you want to keep the image quality (not use MD data saver), you can try a VPN like Cloudflare warp.

Yeah, that's MUCH better.

Well, if you're having issues with that speed, your ISP's route to MangaDex is most likely messed up, so if you want to keep the image quality (not use MD data saver), you can try a VPN like Cloudflare warp.
I don’t believe it is something related to the ISP though. As mentioned before it only happens on the iPad. IPhone and Samsung are on the same network and working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread