Mankitsu Shitai Jouren-san - Ch. 30.1

Dex-chan lover
Oh that is pretty cute, she jelly!

And pretty smooth way to handle it also Toshiki-kun!
I interpreted it more that she was a little dissappointed that he hadn't told her his first name, since they were getting closer. She probably felt he held his distance to her or something.

Aggregator gang
So writing together these bamboo wish tags (or whatever they're called) is something that's BF & GF usually do? Are they no longer considered to be virgins after this? I don't understand the cultural meaning or significance of offering to write them together.

Last edited:
Supporter
Author's Twitter Account

Official Link

Okay fellas we're back to the regular program of fluff, no lewd this time, siiiiigh...
Was that tanzaku really to become natto bread?
natto_toast.jpg

So writing together these bamboo wish tags (or whatever they're called) is something that's BF & GF usually do? Are they no longer considered to be virgins after this? I don't understand the cultural meaning or significance of offering to write them together.
I won't say with certainty that there is or isn't an actual significance to write them together, other than my own musings that it would tie into the lore behind the festival itself.

Supporter
This didn't help my understanding of it at all :)
I thought that maybe you might have known what Tanabata was about already.

What he's saying is that it wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that there couldn't possibly not be possible that there may or may not be an actual significance to this outside of his head.
d3dff8eb-1516-4bce-b29b-c4a6e4774a22_text.gif

Yeeaaah, I'm not really sure and didn't ask Seigi if that's what really it says. I just think it's just a weird wish. It could be "I want to eat", I'll look into it later afterwork.
I can see where it would now, but it wasn't meant to come off as questioning the translation. Taking the assumption that the translation is correct, I was trying to question the state of mind of the person that wrote it to start with...

Dex-chan lover
Was that tanzaku really to become natto bread?
Yeeaaah, I'm not really sure and didn't ask Seigi if that's what really it says. I just think it's just a weird wish. It could be "I want to eat", I'll look into it later afterwork.
It literally said he wants to become Nattou bread. The boi is not a sharp one.

Supporter
I feel even stupider than before, because I have read the article and I still understand nothing.
In the crudest terms then, it's the one time of the year that this folkloric couple can be with each other. That's why I would see couple writing wishes together would be symbolically significant.

Aggregator gang
In the crudest terms then, it's the one time of the year that this folkloric couple can be with each other. That's why I would see couple writing wishes together would be symbolically significant.
Yeah, I got that, I guess what I'm trying to understand is what writing these wishes together might mean.

Users who are viewing this thread