Mannen D-rank no Chuunen Boukensha, Yotta Ikioi de Densetsu no Ken wo Hikkonuku - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Shadow Knight

Double-page supporter
The forum says this ch 25, mangadex chapter list has this listed as ch 24 and this should be ch 23.

He resisted dat ass long enough.

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually kind of more interested in why this is getting a sl release when the official English is up to 46. I honestly completely forgot about this until it popped up in my Updates and now I'm not sure if I want to bother re-reading the first four volumes and then the next four or just let it fade back into nothingness.

Dex-chan lover
this manga has chapters translated up to 46

also, it hasn't been translated since september.

Dex-chan lover
hmm?? i got confused on the chapter numbering.. 25? 24? where's 23? is this supposed to be 23?

Dex-chan lover
Okay, yeah, new group skipped Chpater 23 for some reason. So I just scoped it out on an aggregator site. (No worries. NoScript and uBlock Origin kept the nasties off of me.)

Break down of what happens in the spoiler below.

Alright, so the chapter starts off, kinda jumping ahead - MC and his party is now back at the school, and we open up with Lucas arguing with Venus about the merits and demerits of polygyny.

(Don't confuse "polygyny" with "polygamy" - it's actually a subset that falls under "polygamy". "Polygyny" specifically refers to polycules with a sole male and multiple females.)

Venus, of course, argues that it's his right, and even raison d'être, to take multiple wives and have them all bear his children.

Lucas is against it for ethical and moral reasons. He's an old man, after all, why would she want to bear his child? And also, the typical strife that occurs in polygynous polycules - the politics, the intrigue, the backstabbing, and the blood letting.

In the meantime, Aria is prying the important details out of Krusha. She practically dies of embarrassment when Aria figures out that Krusha actually does like Lucas enough that she would not mind abiding by her culture's law.

And then we have the stereotypical trope where Krusha asks Aria how she feels about it, answers that she doesn't mind at all, and then Krusha goes on thinking she said "No".... Only to suddenly have a hilarious freakout when she realizes Aria actually said "Yes".

Aria then continues her offensive by telling Krusha that she is more than just "Acceptable" in her eyes, but also cute as all hell (low key implication that Aria would love to fuck Krusha's brains out, too).

Krusha then hits back with the same argument Lucas had: Aren't these kinds of families like living in a shark tank?

Aria: It's an earned stereotype alright, but she comes from one of the better ones - all three wives her father married are good friends with each other, and her half-siblings are all very loving and supportive of each other. Quid pro quo, however: Aria WILL be gatekeeping this polycule.

With this, Aria begins to plot and scheme. It's obvious that Lucas isn't going to willingly go for it, so the matter needs to be forced. Her plan? Get Lucas absolutely rip-snorting drunk with some damn fine booze, then use the classic "Let me go get cleaned up first before we have fun~" excuse... And then along comes Krusha.

And thus, you have the opening scene in Chapter 24.

Double-page supporter
I get the feeling Aria doesn't understand the concept of consent.

Dex-chan lover
man how is this site still 20+ chapters behind? i thought this had an actual update just to find out it's just another old chapter.

Dex-chan lover
man how is this site still 20+ chapters behind? i thought this had an actual update just to find out it's just another old chapter.
Because what other sites have are rips from the official release, which mangadex doesn't allow

Dex-chan lover
Where is the story in between them discovering Krusche's secret in the dungeon and in this tavern?

Dex-chan lover
Man this got necroed bad! I remember reading way ahead of this, probably in the 40s like a year ago, all the sudden this shows back up at ch 24. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread