Mao - Vol. 7 Ch. 61 - Natsuno

Are LM&GS still doing this? It's been almost a month since the last chapter, and in other languages they're 4 chapters ahead...

For those of you who don't know, there's a kid translating Mao now on tumblr, and he updates right after every single chapter comes out. His translations are just okay, and his scans are pretty low res, but it's a whole lot better than what LM&GS is giving us, which is nothing.

When you take up the task of translating a manga, you make a commitment to the community reading it to do the work regularly and reliably--like the Chinese and Spanish scanalators have been doing for months. If you're just SO BUSY that you can't do that, then it's time to drop the manga so someone else with actual dedication can pick it up. Mao is a great manga by a legendary author, and it deserves much better treatment than this.

@Margatroid
Listen you pathetic little shit, the latest MAO chapter is fucking 65, are you seriously whining about them being FOUR CHAPTERS BEHIND?
Get a fucking life you pathetic 12 yo.

But by all means, do get out and go read those shit ass translations taken straight from google translates cum towel, which are then pasted on what I can only imagine fucking MS paint.

I'll rather wait and read some quality stuff.

Desperate vulgar hostility isn't going to convince anyone. In fact it's merely a demonstration of extreme insecurity--especially the pathetic reliance on profanity to attempt to bludgeon an opponent into submission. Doesn't work on me though, because it's an obvious sign that you are a coward, and that you are furious precisely because you know everything I said is correct.

Translating manga is a job that is done whenever the manga comes out, on a regular basis, not "whenever I feel like it." Mao belongs to Rumiko Takahashi and Shonen Sunday, not to "Little Miss and Good Sir." It's time for someone else to take up the job.

Double-page supporter
@Margatroid
You need to remember that these translators work for free and they have real life too. It is understandable that they can't translate the chapters because of real-life matters. You are having a misconception that "Translating manga is a job". No, it is not because they doesn't get paid for it. Translating manga is purely a hobby unless you are working at a publisher that localizes manga like Viz. Since it is a hobby, the translators don't have the responsibly to translate the chapter when it comes out in Japan. They don't have to have commitment to anyone. What you said is just purely unreasonable.
Unless you paid them money to translate the manga, you have no right to talk trash about the translators.

You have to remember that before this group translated this manga, there was no one translating this and raw was way ahead. If the kid you said wants to work on this then why don't you tell them to post it here? There are plenty of manga have multiple translator groups working on it like Attack on Titan. There is no rule to stop any other group to translating this manga so why don't you tell them to go ahead?

I personally will wait for the better translation and better scan than reading some low quality thing on Tumblr which isn't specialized in hosting manga thus it is a pain to read on there.

And you put so much emphasis on Rumiko Takahashi to the point it is laughable. No group picked up this series when it was just started. One group picked up it then they dropped it and it had been remained untranslated for a few months. The same thing happened with her last work, Rinne. No group translated it consistently. Some groups picked up it then dropped it and we only got all the chapters way after until the manga finished in Japan. Not many translator groups want to work on her works like you think compared to tons of isekai.

Users who are viewing this thread