Maou na Ano Ko to Murabito A - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
The gods of this world must have fun watching these kids bicker with their situation

Dex-chan lover
I honestly still don't understand the story, so I just enjoy the cute girls...

Fed-Kun's army
some of the grammar is really bad to the point where i question what they are saying, pls fix

Aggregator gang
If the first plan doesnt work, MAKE IT WORK
BEAT THESE PERSONAS INTO THE PLAY

when reading this sometime I think it would be interesting if MC turn out to be hidden boss

I was kinda hoping he'd flip a shit on his classmates for walking out after five minutes of what they've basically been pushing on him since he was a kid and then having the audacity to call themselves his allies, but no. Spineless dude gotta stay spineless, I guess.

Double-page supporter
Ah pride, the deadliest of the sins. Got to love it when beggars of the group are choosey, even though they've not contributed. Anyways, this was kind of a mess. Barely got a clue on what was happening.

Aggregator gang
@leolab How do his classmates push anything on him? It's the teacher and the hero, nobody else, and his classmates are right about the situation. The personas are just self-obsessed assholes that can't stand it when they aren't the center of attention. Defending them here, which is what you're asking for, would be the most spineless, bootlicking action so far in the story. They don't deserve to be catered to.

Fed-Kun's army
They could:
1) reverse the roles between the personas and villagers.
2) have villagers pretend to be new or unaccounted for personas.
3) have villagers dress up and act like the resistant personas as "understudy roles" (handler).

@WillTell every each of persona's traits and personalities are obstructing their own POV against the script... while scriptwriter made it with consideration for each personas; he, unfortunately failed to noticed that personas are subjected to a rigid rules of that world and wrote it according to his own POV... every roles are to follow a definition of their roles to A T hence their obssessions and stuck-up attitudes...

tsubasa made it clear enough when she explained it with 'loong(to aru ossan vrmmo reference)/snake-ish' dragon and 'lizard/westernized' dragon...

long story short, its just a matter of POV...
no one to blame, they just follow the rules rigidly... it's just couldn't be helped and inevitable...
sadly, in this story, ryugamine and sato are the real actual MCs as both can somewhat twist and sway that rigid rules...

Dex-chan lover
@digitalromance77 yeah, it's just some stuff in the story that makes me think. The overarching details of what personas are and such. It's hard to explain what you're unsure you don't know.

Dex-chan lover
I'm personally just hoping that he's the "Princess" type. After all, the "Hero" and the "Demon Lord" are fighting over him, and the "Demon Lord" "kidnaps" him all the time.

"We are not just tools" You kinda are. You said you are just there to provide information for the personas.

Nah, I think that the MC is a NPC with ''lore'', you know, the ones who you meet in more that 1 quest/zone... and so little by little you start get attached to them.

Dex-chan lover
@scorpiowolf I'm guessing he's like the Village Elder or the Wiseman. The chief NPC, who's somewhere between a generic background character and one of forefront characters

Dex-chan lover
Probably pointless commenting on such an old chapter, but after having re-read this I find the persona's attitudes to be absolutely abhorrent.

Them not likely the problems and misrepresentations in the script is fine, but instead of getting together in an angry mob and confronting the script-writer and his friends is childish. Instead of trying to talk things out most of them insult the script and perform actions that just scream that they're trying to start a fight (e.g. the sorcerer guy dumping the script on the floor after stating what he dislikes, and the berserker girl pointing a potential weapon at the robot girl, then there is the dragon girl who begins leaving even before she states what she dislikes and only does so at the behest of another persona, the demon lord, chasing after her).

It could be argued that the personas can't speak to the script writer because he is a villager, but there were multiple personas there who were able to communicate with the MC, so they could've messenger-birded their complaints without the stupidity. It could also be argued that it's just how they are because their roles in this universe are literally a major part of their personalities, but that's like justifying a narcissist's actions by saying that's "just because they must have something underlying causing the narcissism", and based on the confronting personas' actions they are pretty much narcissists.

The writer could've easily made this much better by, as I stated before, using the MC as a messenger for the personas' complaints. This would've made the scene less frustrating, more teachable (not everything needs to be solved confrontationally and through gritted teeth), and far more natural as I'm sure not every high-schooler is stuck up and would be willing to talk things out first, especially over a play of all things.

Worse off if I remember correctly the next chapter or two won't rectify the personas' attitudes in any way other than to cater to their narcissism, but I haven't re-read them yet so idk and I don't want to fully spoil.

Users who are viewing this thread