Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 10 Ch. 51

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand the culture of letting someone else(female) clean your ears in Japan...it's like "????????"~ :worry:

While I've never had another adult clean my ears, I do recall that as kids our mom would periodically clean our ears like that.

So I can kind of see how you get from that to it being something you do with a romantic partner.

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand the culture of letting someone else(female) clean your ears in Japan...it's like "????????"~ :worry:

The idea (besides cleaning ears) is you're putting yourself in clearly vulnerable position as a show of trust.

Whether it's something like a knight offering their weapon + bow down when swearing loyalty.
Giving someone a magical item that let them have control over your own life (also you'd die when they do) in Bookworm.
etc

For tamer, more modern day variant it'd be something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_fall I guess?

Dex-chan lover
The idea (besides cleaning ears) is you're putting yourself in clearly vulnerable position as a show of trust.

Whether it's something like a knight offering their weapon + bow down when swearing loyalty.
Giving someone a magical item that let them have control over your own life (also you'd die when they do) in Bookworm.
etc

For tamer, more modern day variant it'd be something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_fall I guess?
I believe there was a misinterpretation. I said that "i'll never understand the culture of this (since i'm not Japanese)", but not that "I don't know what this is about"! Still, it was very kind of you to try to clear things up for me. thk u~ :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
It’s usually a peeve of mine when beast people have both animal ears and human ears, because it doesn’t make sense, that’s four ears. But this time there’s an in-universe explanation for it and is also considered to be unusual, so I’m fine with it this time

Dex-chan lover
SPOILER_image.png

Like you're one to talk...
Their relationship is more natural, I think. Chastiel is the type who can easily caught you off guard and casually cut the distance. In the end, even without being aware you will already fall and care for her.

Aggregator gang
That tiny Barbaros and Chastel in the last page gives me life. I'm sorry but I love them more than the main couple. Their spin off manga is co cute

Dex-chan lover
It's so childish. I'd like to see something more adult when we're talking about a story of dark wizards.
To be fair, they both have the mental maturity of an edgelord, the emotional growth of an abuse victim and the love experience of an octopus.

If anything, be glad we got to the point of ear-cleaning and not be stuck in the exchange-diaries.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes. The awkwardness begins. But hey, they're moving in the right direction at least. As for Nephtheros, I was expecting her scene from the previous chapter continued but it wasn't. :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
You're certainly not talking about a Japanese octopus.
As much as we would like to think otherwise, there's a certain biological aspect that renders the "Fisherman's Wife Tale" impossible.

Do you know what happens to octopuses after they nut?

The answer to that question is why every octopus most people have ever met is a virgin.

Users who are viewing this thread