Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 11 Ch. 52 - It Appears Two People in Love Go on Dates, but What Do You Do on…

Contributor
Can it really be called continuing a series if they skip half the manga and only post about every 5th chapter? And no update for almost a year, too.
I am confused by this statement? Are you talking about fan translations or J-Novel Club?

If you are talking about J-Novel, only links to FREE chapters get added to Mangadex, and as a reminder this is something that Mangadex does and NOT J-Novel.
JNC MD Page
Note: J-Novel Club is not endorsing MangaDex in any way. These outgoing links are an initiative by MD, and J-Novel Club has no influence or control over this group or the links.

If you are talking about fan translations, they have been continuing, pretty much uninterrupted (at least in English), since before and after JNC picked up the series.

Once again Mangadex does not have a rule against uploading fan translations when official versions exist. Do some groups have a policy of stopping work once a title gets official release? Yes, but thats their choice and has nothing to do with Mangadex.

I am confused by this statement? Are you talking about fan translations or J-Novel Club?

If you are talking about J-Novel, only links to FREE chapters get added to Mangadex, and as a reminder this is something that Mangadex does and NOT J-Novel.
JNC MD Page

If you are talking about fan translations, they have been continuing, pretty much uninterrupted (at least in English), since before and after JNC picked up the series.

Once again Mangadex does not have a rule against uploading fan translations when official versions exist. Do some groups have a policy of stopping work once a title gets official release? Yes, but thats their choice and has nothing to do with Mangadex.
I was talking about the J-Novel club yes.
Apology's I wasn't very clear, since I had just woken up and didn't get enough sleep.

Fair enough, you gave me info I didn't know about at all in regards to the "official posts" actually, Thanks.
My point of reference was before it seemed like the JNC and "official publishers" like it. Would just post chapters randomly on here with little regard for chapter order (once ever 5 chapter etc.)

And in the past (I'm not sure if I just haven't ran into it again or its changed) when I get to a official chapter, the page gives a redirect, a next chapter, previous chapter.
BUT no option to continue with the fan translation on that chapter When they do exist for that chapter. Worse yet it prioritizes that interruption page over the fan translation.

Contributor
And in the past (I'm not sure if I just haven't ran into it again or its changed) when I get to a official chapter, the page gives a redirect, a next chapter, previous chapter.
BUT no option to continue with the fan translation on that chapter When they do exist for that chapter. Worse yet it prioritizes that interruption page over the fan translation.
I think what you are referring to is somewhat of a short coming in how the MD reader works.

Just to give an example if there is a chapter that was done as a split release at one point and the fan tl was uploaded as "7.1" and "7.2" and then lets say the when JNC picked it up they just released it as one chapter and it was linked to MD as "7". The reader would show you all three of the chapters because to the reader that three different chapters.

Another scenario where what you describe could happen is when going to the next chapter and the group that did the current chapter did not do the next one. Example: you are reading chapter 7 from group A but group A didn't TL chapter 8. Instead there is a chapter 8 from group B and JNC the reader will just pick one to show you (I believe its not random but based on the chapter id)

I agree that this behavior is annoying at times, but in those cases its not an intentional action (to the best of my knowledge). There are probably things that can be done to improve how the reader handles things, but compared to everything else I am sure its a pretty low priority at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread