Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - A Ship's Bridge Lightens the Mood (1)

Dex-chan lover
lol, chastel became a joke character so slowly that i didnt even notice.

Dex-chan lover
There is a song called MARCH OF THE DEMON LORD. I imagine the Imperial March but gloomier.

Abolish Harems
Staff
VIP
@Deathhappens You sure?
0JEo29x

Oh? was that a character from a later arc making a sneaky cameo on pg 27? I think it was 😉

For the light novel readers:

Pretty sure that mage in the white robe is Shax.

Dex-chan lover
Aww missed opportunity for Zagan to walk down the “aisle” with his bridge Nephie, especially with her all dressed up! But great chapter, always happy to read new releases for this manga.

Dex-chan lover
@coykili Corsets, my guy. They do wonders on the figure.

Also, that guy in the white robe on page 27 is made too obvious that he'll be an actual character we meet soon. Its like playing spot the main character in a mob of normal people. Just look for better details or bright hair.

Dex-chan lover
Now that I think about it, Nephie knowing the celestial language and thus being able to copy mysterious magical things actually makes her easily worth the money Zagan paid for her in the beginning, even from a purely unemotional, financial point of view.

Dex-chan lover
@Kireato you can not baptize an object any more than a table can give birth. A baptism is a very specific rite that was developed in a very specific historical context; by being baptized, a person enters a covenant with god and has their original sin erased. An object cannot enter covenants; an object does not have original sin.
There are blessings in Christianity in which water is sprinkled on objects (say, sanctification of weapons), but baptism they are not.

Dex-chan lover
@danvolodar

We're not talking about baptism, we're talking about baptising which is not just about administering the specific rite of baptism. Baptise can be used in other contexts where it means cleaning or purifying or giving a name. It comes from the greek word baptizo which means to immerse and there's no specification as to what is being immersed. Heck, in French, we familiarly use the expression baptising milk or wine to refer to diluting them with water, so the term can certainly be used for objects and the meaning will clearly differ.

In the context of this manga, the holy objects have names and are not treated as mere objects, as they "choose" their wielder. The baptised armour might very well simply refer to an object that was blessed through a religious rite, that was given a name and that through the process gained some essence that made it much more than just armour. Baptise seems to be about the right word to describe all that.

Aggregator gang
aggressive nephie is good nephie. glad she's gotten/getting more confident over time.

Users who are viewing this thread