Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 9 Ch. 42 - An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Child Elf Bride ①

Dex-chan lover
Chapter skipping huh, likely to advertise their site if I had to guess
Not really. The addition of these link seems to be initiative from MD rather than the publisher.
In other forum thread, staff (perhaps) explained that MD's policy is to only list the readable chapters. So they won't link to chapters that need purchase.

Note: J-Novel Club is not endorsing MangaDex in any way. These outgoing links are an initiative by MD, and J-Novel Club has no influence or control over this group or the links.

https://mangadex.org/group/4ba19c33-6cc2-43ff-b157-5501b057fce7/
So MD could have just leave it like before.
Just think of it as MD attempting to have more complete data for the titles, including links to licensed edition.

Aggregator gang
Not really. The addition of these link seems to be initiative from MD rather than the publisher.
In other forum thread, staff (perhaps) explained that MD's policy is to only list the readable chapters. So they won't link to chapters that need purchase.

Just think of it as MD attempting to have more complete data for the titles, including links to licensed edition.
Probably like how Mangaplus is not endorsing this site, but their links are posted every week. The Mangaplus group leader is literally Mangadex.

Double-page supporter
I just hope it doesnt scare any groups away from working on their manga.

Dex-chan lover
Probably like how Mangaplus is not endorsing this site, but their links are posted every week. The Mangaplus group leader is literally Mangadex.
Staff did mention they plan on adding a silent upload option, so even if they dumped thousands of links to official version, it won't show up as update and hopefully avoid mass panic like what is currently happening when they added links to JNC version.

Dex-chan lover
I'll be severely pissed of if people end up dropping translating when some pissy upstart payed to read app takes over. A lot of these Mangas are a labor of fan love, and shouldn't be sidestepped by this shit.

Double-page supporter
If any non-official group did sh1t like this (skipping chapters in-between just to advertise their website) - they'd be banned for trolling in no time, so I'll just add j-novel to the blocklist, hopefully everyone does the same

Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer
If any non-official group did sh1t like this (skipping chapters in-between just to advertise their website) - they'd be banned for trolling in no time, so I'll just add j-novel to the blocklist, hopefully everyone does the same
No they wouldn't be banned. If their chapters were not troll chapters, and their site were not ad-infested, the chapter would stay.

Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer
I'll be severely pissed of if people end up dropping translating when some pissy upstart payed to read app takes over. A lot of these Mangas are a labor of fan love, and shouldn't be sidestepped by this shit.
I'm genuinely saddened that this represents a significant portion of the manga community. If anything I hope that this uproar makes people realize that official manga deals are finally affordable and compete with prices in Japan as well.

Aggregator gang
I'm genuinely saddened that this represents a significant portion of the manga community. If anything I hope that this uproar makes people realize that official manga deals are finally affordable and compete with prices in Japan as well.
Do they compete? I am sorry but a volume in Europe is like €18, when I lived in japan a volume was like 400-700JPY, that is not equal. That is like maybe €5. This shit is not affordable if you read more than a handful of series.

Japanese edition
English edition

Very much not equal when they are taking three times as much money for it.

Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer
Do they compete? I am sorry but a volume in Europe is like €18, when I lived in japan a volume was like 400-700JPY, that is not equal. That is like maybe €5. This shit is not affordable if you read more than a handful of series.

Japanese edition
English edition

Very much not equal when they are taking three times as much money for it.
You are incorrect that volumes average at 18€. Almost every new digital on Apple Books, Google Play Books, and other modern platforms is around 5€ to 10€. For example this manga’s digitals on Apple Books cost from 7€ to 10€ (newer volumes are slightly pricier as they tend to be).

Dex-chan lover
You are incorrect that volumes average at 18€. Almost every new digital on Apple Books, Google Play Books, and other modern platforms is around 5€ to 10€. For example this manga’s digitals on Apple Books cost from 7€ to 10€ (newer volumes are slightly pricier as they tend to be).
Eh, i think is kinda hard to argue stuff like this with people, because you are talking about digital, but they are refering to printed (at least from looking at the links), which yes cost more than digital, which come into people not supporting official because they are digital only, so it goes into a cycle of Digital Only > Not buying because i want printed, Available Physical? > Not buying because is too expensive, which is ???

I have seen alot of people that think like this online, personally i don't care much because is good enough they are available officially in english, so i shouldn't be that picky unless their work is total garbage

Aggregator gang
I was referring to the printed. Even if we take your digital one it is still more than double what a Japanese printed one is. Also I don't want to be locked to reading on only kindle or only Apple/Google. I kinda want to be able to put it on whatever device I want if I buy it digitally, if I buy it I buy it to own it, read it and collect it, not to have Google or whatever service you use own it and collect it. If you buy a PC you expect a PC, not a streaming service to a PC.

When they get over their DRM stuff that is when I will entertain buying digital manga. And to @pepinotomate who thinks I don't support anything cause it is expensive, you're wrong, I have about 100 volumes from different series which I have collected over 20 years laying around my house. That is why I know I can't afford to support everything I love, now what have you given 2000$ in support of? Have you even lived long enough to get your own money to support anything?

Last edited:
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
I was referring to the printed. Even if we take your digital one it is still more than double what a Japanese printed one is. Also I don't want to be locked to reading on only kindle or only Apple/Google. I kinda want to be able to put it on whatever device I want if I buy it digitally, if I buy it I buy it to own it, read it and collect it, not to have Google or whatever service you use own it and collect it. If you buy a PC you expect a PC, not a streaming service to a PC.

When they get over their DRM stuff that is when I will entertain buying digital manga. And to @pepinotomate who thinks I don't support anything cause it is expensive, you're wrong, I have about 100 volumes from different series which I have collected over 20 years laying around my house. That is why I know I can't afford to support everything I love, now what have you given 2000$ in support of? Have you even lived long enough to get your own money to support anything?

If you buy the digital edition directly from J-Novel you get a DRM-free .EPUB file.

Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer

NLight and pepinotomate

Eh, i think is kinda hard to argue stuff like this with people, because you are talking about digital, but they are refering to printed (at least from looking at the links), which yes cost more than digital, which come into people not supporting official because they are digital only, so it goes into a cycle of Digital Only > Not buying because i want printed, Available Physical? > Not buying because is too expensive, which is ???

I have seen alot of people that think like this online, personally i don't care much because is good enough they are available officially in english, so i shouldn't be that picky unless their work is total garbage
You are incorrect that people prefer printed over digitals (and has been confirmed by this report out of many). This isn't even the case in Japan where they cost pretty much the same (source). Digitals take the lead and will continue to outgrow physicals (especially in the west). Even if you rule out physicals entirely, the digital's growth rate is big enough to incite new startups to compete.

Users who are viewing this thread