Maou Reijou no Shikousha - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - For the Sake of Someone

Dex-chan lover
My god, the chuuni in this one is over 9000. They even gave him a vague, apparently horrible "incident" that led to him being a social outcast and one lone person in the group (of course a pretty girl) who secretly wants to stand up for him but can't because "the nail that sticks up gets hammered down" and all that, setting up the eventual 50/50 odds of whether she's being sincere (so loser-kun can fantasize her into being his waifu) or not (so she can be a callous, heartless bitch that reinforces how much the world hates the MC so that he doesn't have to feel conflicted about opposing his former classmates)

Can the MC actually be the hero for once? Is it impossible to find such a harem manga? They always have to make them the outcast, to be unique or whatever, but in fact that is just following the trend nowadays. There always has to be some sort of catch, the so-called cliche is meant to be hero gets summoned to another world, has OP powers (and people know he is strong, not just being OP but looking weak) and gets harem, but that literally never happens. They always have to be looked down on for being weak or hated for being a "villain"

They do that because the target audience is losers. Losers who are bullied and looked down on in real life. So this becomes a fantasy where the kind of suffering they go through is rewarded by secretly being the strongest and the best. It's all just shallow, lazy wish-fulfillment.

Dex-chan lover
hmmmm trashy isekai to read inbetween good stuff mmmm

Edit: I think I got bingo at my personal generic cliche trope. Demon king, child love interest, shunned by everyone just because, black hair, a useless actually OP ability, status shit, mission shit, high school studant has impossible survival skills, demons are not just evil, incredibly heroic MC for no reason

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Seems like someone is pulling the strings on both sides to start a war between the humans and demons. :thonk:
And how are there 3 princesses and only one demon king's daughter?

Aggregator gang
IDK, I think a lot of people forget how hard it is to be "original" anymore. Just look at the whole fan fiction scene. Those peeps don't even bother to think up their own world building. So at least judge the manga on the quality of their storytelling rather on how original the setting is.

-edited to not be so derpy-
As I have been reading more than 1000+ manga, I honestly have to agree to this since most of every single kind of story plot that have been used from the past years of making manga and nowadays you tend to see a lot of similarities of plots in different manga, even the popular ones. Having to make a "different" approach towards your plot will be extra hard while making sure that it would have that kind of originality in our time specifically. Notice how many people say how most of the manga are predictable story since back then? Yeah, it's really hard to make a new plot without making it outrageous or bad.

I would honestly just enjoy every single manga even if it's already predictable in the first place. Appreciating the art and interesting creativity of different authors. But yeah, that's just my opinion at the end of the day.

Dex-chan lover
As I have been reading more than 1000+ manga, I honestly have to agree to this since most of every single kind of story plot that have been used from the past years of making manga and nowadays you tend to see a lot of similarities of plots in different manga, even the popular ones. Having to make a "different" approach towards your plot will be extra hard while making sure that it would have that kind of originality in our time specifically. Notice how many people say how most of the manga are predictable story since back then? Yeah, it's really hard to make a new plot without making it outrageous or bad.

I would honestly just enjoy every single manga even if it's already predictable in the first place. Appreciating the art and interesting creativity of different authors. But yeah, that's just my opinion at the end of the day.
For the most part I agree, but there are some egregiously stupid plot devices I have trouble reading. Chief among them is the utter crutch that is mind control. It is a cancerous affliction that once used will quickly spirals out of control and take over a story.

Users who are viewing this thread