Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I Can't Understand Her Language

Dex-chan lover
Dude had an ultrawide monitor. I guess he was more than just a regular sunday gamer.

@newmangareader246 I've seen a couple of isekai works with the language barrier, but it got sorted out quite soon. The manhua "Don's Adventure in Another World" was one, if memory serves, but it's impossible to check since the chapters are removed. I'm pretty sure there has been a manga as well, but I can't remember which one anymore. Anyway, quite a few isekai manga have actually separately mentioned the new world language skill is separately injected by the summoning spell/goddess doing the transfer. In more rare cases I've been left under an impression everyone in the new world speaks Japanese, or perhaps the summoning system is such that it merely sounds like Japanese in the summoned person's ears, and similarly while he feels like he's speaking Japanese, he's actually speaking another language. This is sometimes made more interesting by writing still remaining incomprehensible for the summoned person.

All in all, it's not like the isekai works always bypassed the whole issue with no explations. If you think about it, it's perfectly sensible because if you summon a sentient, intelligent being, it's kind of a bother if it takes a year before you can properly communicate.

Group Leader
Language barrier, is it?
The first thing I'd do is obviously eating extravagant meat with a lolibaba instead of learning the language.

Dex-chan lover
"A loli is also ok"

I hereby declare this as the quote of the year

Dex-chan lover
Hope this series does a good job of pulling off the difficulty of a language barrier! When I was a kid, grandma took care of us when the parents were working -- but neither of us spoke each other's language. I remember the time she was hungry and I fed her instant ramen. Perfectly fine for a kid but not a senior with a no-salt problem... Thanks for the translations!!! 🍜🍜🍜

Dex-chan lover
Finally a story about isekaied person who doesn't know language, not "it's magic" or being reborn-isekai where even though someone has few years as a toddler, somehow understand everything without some kind of Rosetta Stone.

Premise seems familiar to "Wicked Trapper: Hunter of Heroes" but probably less rape, torture and gore...

A loli's also ok!

mc is in college

PrD1488.gif

Users who are viewing this thread