Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - She’s Hiding Something From Me

Sorry to barge in so late, but I'm with @dummyaccount12345 on this one. The only thing an MC like this is good for is for trying to imagine myself what are all the possibilities he can try. I mean, am I supposed to believe he's just looking at the walls of the palace all day? Isn't he going insane from boredom without anime, games, or anything that requires electricity?

The obvious development is to try learning the language. We've seen they have books. He could try learning their alphabet, ask Mary to tell him how to pronounce stuff, make it an arc of 20 chapters or however long it's needed, just... it's unthinkable a sane person would go for so long without learning something.

So then let's say he's not concerned with any of this and is waiting for Mary to make a magical translator golem. There's still other things that he could put his mind to. Does he not care at all that he has the option to return to Earth? Seriously going back once randomly only to destroy his hard drive has him satisfied and he can forget about all of his previous 20 years or however old he is? If it's so, then look for stuff to do! Try to summon magic to see if you can awake the isekai OP MC powers, explore Mary's castle to see if you can find a dragon to take out for a ride, find a witch that would experiment on you... it's frustrating to have to accept MC's who are content with their life consisting from making laps between the bedroom, the dinning room and back again.

@sophodot
Idk if I got randomly transported to some reality where magic and all kinds of and creatures were possible, I'd have quite a bit of adjusting. It would take a looooong while before I even got accustomed to the normal rules of this new world and this is a slow burn manga. But, I get where you're coming from. I do think the MC has been trying to put efforts where he could've been useful though. And in MC's defense, he did more than just what you said, like with the festival arc. He experienced what society is like outside the castle despite his language barrier. I agree with all the things you said about learning especially since I think he was a student in college, only if he knew the language though. And, to be honest, I really don't think the MC cares about going back to Earth given his response about being back into his room while he was sick.

Users who are viewing this thread