Maou-sama, Retry! - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Labyrinth of Love

@HDMI1
Non-complicated answer: I checked the raw + dictionary + even the recipe + even bought the butter to check myself. It's Butterfly. I don't known the exact reason why they subbed it as Butterfried or Friedbutter.

Complicate Answer:
Possible Reason 1: The author intended it to be Friedbutter but he wrote it as Butterfly instead.
Possible Reason 2: Funimation made the same mistake as mine. The first part influences the second part which creates a false illusion of fried instead of fly.
Possible Reason 3: They weren't given a script so they translated purely from hearing it. In that case, especially for an English speaker, it can be easily mistaken. It's like "Die" or "Dye", "I" or "Eye".

Unless Author says otherwise, I will stick with Butterfly, faithful to the RAW.

Glad you guys translated this. Was thinking you had dropped this, will you be translating the next few chapters as well? Thanks for the quality translation~ such things i think really add another layer to characters.

Fed-Kun's army
When English is so predominant in Japan, that the Latin alphabet turns into the English alphabet.😀

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for not dropping this... whenever something gets animated tl's just stop and mostly never return... so thanks.

Fed-Kun's army
those were some good bants this chapter, really liking how these guys bounce off each other. That opening scene is kinda intriguing though since it introduces another character pre isekai.

As always, thanks for the translations, they're much appreciated.

Aggregator gang
A continuation from the anime? Yay.
Mikan's clothes design is so much better than the absurd anime.

Users who are viewing this thread