Maou-sama to Kekkon shitai

Dex-chan lover
this manga makes me feel really warm and happy but at the same time sad that I'll be forever alone

They keep bring up Haru's lifespan alot. I wonder if there's more meaning to it besides the fact that he's a different species. I predict that this will end with his death, but I can only hope that it's when he's old and has left a huge litter of kids with her.

@tigerstar186 How is this literal child grooming when it's obvious she never had any such intentions with him when she took him in? Grooming is when you build a relationship with someone in such a way that you intend on manipulating, abusing and exploiting said person down the road for personal sexual gratification. Smh...

@tigerstar186 You can drop that pathetic attempt at sarcasm, it won't make you look any smarter or more intelligent. The reason she decided to take him under her wing was out of sympathy for him, not out of lust or in the hopes of making him her mate... or is the fact HE brought up marriage out of nowhere and her being taken aback by it not evidence enough?
My God, how deluded can some people be? You either have spend too much time reading smut to the point it broke any semblance of positivity you had or you're some Twitter-level pessimist that sees evil in all that walks, stands, lays down or simply exists.
If you think this is child grooming or pedophilia then you must have had a rough childhood yourself.

This is trying to poach from Aa! Megami-sama! but fails to do so,because it's focused too much on the cute/moe appeal.

All love but gods is temporary, this is the rule of the world, so I don't know how they attempt to spin this into drama every. single. time.

It's strange how people come up with pedophilia in this context. Pedophilia is a concept of age of consent that has been violated.
It doesn't apply to a society that doesn't have individual rights to begin with, as in this case a child became a slave,which is impossible unless the parents know no concept of individual rights either, which they would have to guard until their child is of age.
In fact, the very status of a "child" is nothing more than a peculiarity of European culture, it doesn't even apply everywhere on the planet earth.

We are looking here at two different societies with different states of development, philosophical education (if there is any at all, people who work all day to make a living don't have the luxury to entertain such abstract concepts at all), mental capacities (yes, the ability to think in abstractions is not equal even on planet earth, there are cultures, especially in Africa, that are unable to understand abstract concepts they cannot see, even including what could be happening to them in the future) and bodily ability in one story (the so-called "demons" and the so-called "humans") that interact in this story.

Now I wonder, how they can even come up with this story, since demons(they are purely spiritual beings) don't have a body while humans have one. How could they touch and/or even interact with each other through other means than possession?
And even if we grant the author the mistake of definition or the translator the mistake of mistranslation (since the Japanese "ma" is not equal to a European Demon), there would still be the issue of genetic discord. Unless both species developed from the same line and spread out after about 4 or 5 million years ago, it would be impossible to procreate, and even then it would still be questionable if the offspring was fertile.

This story goes nowhere trying to elucidate how this would be even remotely possible, with some radically different explanation like "every being is formed by a god and can thus interbreed;there are no genes, and offspring is created by means of the gods as well(e.g. by extracting a part of the fathers and the mothers soul,mixing and magnifying it,then adding it to the created body), delivered to the earthly realm via teleportation into a temple or whatever".

Japanese fantasy fails at the most basic step( world building) and yet people are hounding down the fact that the female MC took in the male MC and is going to "marry" him (again, the Japanese term "kekkon" is not equal to the term marriage, it has other implications),coining it as pedophilia.

Reading the manga over and over agn I can't help but notice that they are talking abt Haru's short lifespan as a human cause demons live long. A part of me is saying that there will be a sad ending where haru dies maybe after having their 1st child or smth idk

The last chapter released today and they got married ! Chapter 18 is the last chapter and I am glad I followed this series to the end ! There is no further mention of Haru lifespan which is great in my opinion

Wait so we’re not getting the last 3 chapters? The translation stops at ch. 15 right? Or is it gonna be continued

Users who are viewing this thread