Maou to Ore no Hangyakuki - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - Contagion

So just last chapter they reveal that Sumire's divine craft can rewind time which is a better first arcana, but now they don't use it to cure everyone?

Remind me again, why can't she use the Arcana twice for a 144 hours rewind?

Double-page supporter
@Kaan I'm pretty sure that's just a "thats not how it works" moment. This is just speculation but I think the arcana just reverts the living thing to it's state 72 Hours from the moment she uses it, using it again just reverts them to 72 Hours from the moment she uses it again.

@Tamerlane I mean why can't they use Sumire's divine craft not first arcana. In the last chapter Sumire's divine craft went past the 72 hour limit that the first arcana has, so why can't they just use her divine craft to go revert them back before they got infected?

@Tamerlane
it's more akin to a super ebola (yep, it's literally an airborne ebola and thus a literal nightmare, like viruela-tier of bad or even worse)

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering.. doesn't the four-ears chimera girl Sumire have time manipulation craft? Why not use it..?

Dex-chan lover
For everyone bringing up Sumire's Divine Craft, it was mentioned in the previous chapter (page 32) that it's limited in the extent to which it can manipulate time. Its advantage vs. the first Arcana is that it can also affect lifeless things.

Contributor
Did they really have to make those random members of parliament be all rapey with that comment on the two girls? Then again... there are human politicians in real life who do tend to be like that, in many countries.

Isekai Ebola, wow. Sumire's time power should be limited regarding its scale (as we saw its limited area of effect), but I still think she could use it to "cure" at least maybe a handful of people. They don't reveal that kind of power without the intention to actually use it later or it's bad writing; I think her power is Chekhov's Gun that's prepped and ready to fire later in this arc.

There is a chance that Seed Eight's "antidote" is a fakeout intended to lure them into a trap, in which case it's probably going to be Sumire's power that will save the day. After all, would he be that stupid to actually create an antidote for a disease they can't catch...?

Dex-chan lover
Did they really have to make those random members of parliament be all rapey with that comment on the two girls? Then again... there are human politicians in real life who do tend to be like that, in many countries.

Isekai Ebola, wow. Sumire's time power should be limited regarding its scale (as we saw its limited area of effect), but I still think she could use it to "cure" at least maybe a handful of people. They don't reveal that kind of power without the intention to actually use it later or it's bad writing; I think her power is Chekhov's Gun that's prepped and ready to fire later in this arc.

There is a chance that Seed Eight's "antidote" is a fakeout intended to lure them into a trap, in which case it's probably going to be Sumire's power that will save the day. After all, would he be that stupid to actually create an antidote for a disease they can't catch...?
You got that right. They lived for some time without any representation of their actions, even today there are individuals who live in wealthy families and enough influence ti keep them safe from law. They live in a state of absolute freedom and think no boundaries exist.

Sumire power seems to have a single target effect, she could only save a handful of them.

I'm wondering about it myself, only half-humans and hybrids are safe, why develop a cure anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread