Maou to Ore no Hangyakuki - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - Final Chapter「Our Strike Back's End」

Contributor
This isn't actually an isekai because there isn't another world, you say?

There, now there's another world. Problem solved, Isekai tag stays. :meguusmug:

So Ryou gets a harem ending with Fleonell, Sumire and Amelia. Amelia however didn't explicitly declare herself to be his third wife or anything unlike the bold Sumire. I really wish Fleonell stayed as her sexy thicc adult form though.

Genocidal war criminal Diedhauser is effectively exiled to the other world and sentenced to save it. His hopelessly-in-love #1 groupie Emilia Braun goes with him. A slap on the wrist, but better than nothing. Inhumane mad scientist Seed Eight got away with his evil unethical experiments though, so that's not good unless that note meant he actually sold himself (as in, like a slave as punishment) and his technology for the betterment of civilization.

Tsukumo and Liona's ship kinda ended up disappointingly lukewarm, and Tsukumo being the way he is, Liona will have to step up. Neun stopped thirsting for him, and Gloria just... retires to somewhere (meh...), so his onee-san harem has broken up. Liott and Gloria didn't end up giving Liona the sibling she wanted either, lol. I guess he just loves his late wife and prefers human women after all.

I'm disappointed about having to dock a point for the completely unnecessary attempted rape BS (that conveniently, temporarily nerfed some characters who were established to be super strong) in the past chapters, the story was completely fine without it and it was clearly just a contrivance to show lewds (for better sales, I guess).

Still, this was a fun if cheesy read overall, even if the final volume had to be rushed due to the axe. I can always appreciate happy endings.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Author clearly said a few time that Amelia ended with MC. This kind of harem dont mean one of the girl is a "side dish" it mean that all of them are valued equaly.
I know many people dont like harem, but it's not a bad end for her.
"Clearly said" such, and "a few time".

Please do tell me where that was established in the story. All I saw was Amelia acknowledging that Shiramine successfully completed his LoliQuest™, celebrating Shiramine's positive response to the idea of a harem, and the fact that Amelia spends her time fighting and being a gravure idol. None of that is remotely as romantically successful as Emilia's ending, unless I'm missing something here.

That being said, if Shiramine has been fixating on the twintailed wall for several chapters up until the end and tells said wall that he loves her, what else is she but the main girl? And then (and on top of that), if Amelia is separated from Shiramine (by the author, enforced until the end), and all Amelia has to show for it after everything's said and done is the idea that Shiramine might be open to the idea of her in his harem (her idea--at most, in the extras at the very end, Shiramine doesn't deny her being in a harem that Tsukumo and the wall had to tell him he had), what else could she be but a side dish?

She's not Shiramine's #1 like Emilia is for Diedhauser--the first page of the omake can show you who has that spot and clings to Shiramine accordingly.

Dex-chan lover
...So this dude has a habit of this fucking convoluted writing?
Makes one wonder how this survived the axe.
I think you misunderstand, as the art style should give away, this artist tends to just go for hentai plots, so this one was the stand out for actually having a story and worldbuilding, and not just being hentai passing itself as manga.

Fed-Kun's army
Series Villain: "Whoops, sorry, the two genocidal wars I instigated were just a mistake, teehee. Oh, now I'm getting sent to the past where my powers will make me an unkillable god, AND I'm getting sent with a huge titted girl who desperately wants to fuck me?"

Hopefully this guy sticks to art from now on.

Dex-chan lover
That was a really fun read.

Would normally make en essay pinpointing good and bad things, but Coldlight wrote everything I would make

Don't like how main "baddies" got off scot-free, albeit they were working under constant surveillance of true antagonists and even slightly getting out of the line was punished with extreme overkill consequences, like Seed Eight catgirl.

Liona, girl being abused in concentration camp with a baggage of PTSD, ending up with pure Tsukimo, is a wholesome thing.

Albeit last few chapters felt rushed, I'd say it deserves a solid 9/10. Would be a whole lot better if there were no needles fanservice.

Users who are viewing this thread