Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Kono Watashi no Mono Tonare, Yuusha yo" "Kotowaru!" - Vol. 18 Ch. 58

Fed-Kun's army
It's finally done and I'm glad I read all of it.
Great series though I'm a bit sad about what happened to mage.

Hi, I haven't even read it yet but thank you so much for finishing the translation! 😄 I'm one of the many readers who were frustrated that the official release was left unfinished. Maoyuu is such an amazing concept and story.

Dex-chan lover
A masterpiece. Nearly no shortcomings, lovable and hateable characters and anything in between, but none of the main cast boring. An interesting setup, a fantastic fantasy world (how fantasy worlds should be) and a great adv...No! So many adventures, that intervene. Everyone else already wrote it, but it is nothing short of a brilliant ride.

Edit: Can somebody post a link to a store, that sells the english paperback version of all volumes? Amazon always forces the german one onto me. Preferably with an option to send it into the EU. Thanks.

Dex-chan lover
All so lovely. Then I got pulled out by a silly economics thing
"Hey, peasants, have you ever thought of spinning wool into thread so you can make cloth?" "How do you think we've made our clothes since forever?"
It's not just a mistake. It's this whole technocratic approach, where of course some dude who's read a book knows so much more about farming than farmers; why would they know anything about it? It's an attitude that screws things up to this day, eg "Here, have these genetically modified seeds, they'll have higher yields. They require lots of water you don't have so you'll have to irrigate and dry up the river, and lots of pesticides and chemical fertilizers you'll have to buy from us, which will kill all the bees so your other crops won't get pollinated. The runoff will poison the water you drink. You'll go broke paying for the seeds, pesticides and fertilizers. Trust us, we know what's good for you!"

Aggregator gang
Amazing story. I'm glad we finally got an ending, thank you. And honestly it was a pretty rad way to end the war not through busting out an amazing new powerful weapon or through the power of friendship, but giving the other side something they wanted and removing the whole reason for the war.

I wish we got a bit more of an ending for the OT3 though, but this is still really good!

so where the heck are they now? I heard som1 said that in the novel that he had a kid with both women but did they return in a much later future or something since the geography n whatnot? How many years? Cause if the geography changed that much I expect probably at least a century or something

As far as I know, there was never a paperback published in English, you'll have to go for the ebooks. I got vols. 15 and 16 from Bookwalker.

proper and wholesome ending. I think this is worth to be on my collectibles. I want my future kids read this.

Dex-chan lover
@ardeem: "As far as I know, there was never a paperback published in English, you'll have to go for the ebooks. I got vols. 15 and 16 from Bookwalker."
Wut? Nooooo. Reading mangas in German feels awkward (at least to me). And ebooks ain't my thing...I guess German it is then...

Dam, after all these years, it's finally over, and it was pretty darn good. As much as I would get confused in some places, this is still a great story, and something that is more psychological and makes you think as a reader than ever before. Beautiful send off to some of the characters that died, some of the other one's I don't exactly remember. But still, this was a great series indeed, sad to see it go. But that's where tomorrow lies, a new story, a new path to tread. Celebrate the story your given and then move on to the next. The themes and everything were just splendid.

Double-page supporter
I feel like this was still an ending that was a little more rushed than it should have been. Just slightly, but I'm satisfied with this ending. It feels really bittersweet, I remember first reading this manga and falling in love with it. It's been forever since then, but it finally finished.

On another note, can anyone explain to me what happened with female magician? So she did die, but what happened to her body? Or is she not exactly dead? And why is the head maid's epilogue literally the only one that is so sad? Everyone else seems like they had a decent ending, but the head maid was the only one who was left completely alone and sad ... I wish she could have joined the three main characters in wherever they ended up. And where did our three main characters end up? Is it some future world of the world they saved? Is it really just a different continent?

Dex-chan lover
@goodhunter
Magician probably survived since her books are still coming out.
Hell I bet shes with head maid so shes not as lonely as you would imagine

Dex-chan lover
@Purplelibraryguy If you want that part to make sense, instead of having it be "have you done this before" (because they had), it's "have you considered the option of doing this as part of an early industrialization movement"?

Because of course they would have been weaving cloth before, but with their own sheep and on simple weighted looms, or possibly drawlooms if they're high tech (but those would probably only be in use in areas where sheep or other possible thread sources are plentiful). And mainly for their own use.
But what might be suggested is "we'll have villagers near to big sheep farms all making thread all winter, then we ship the thread from several villages to you next winter and you weave a lot of fabric all winter long on looms that're more advanced than what you'd otherwise have use for (a handloom or even a flying shuttle).
Basically the beginning of factories.

-
On another note, did this just end with a surprise harem ending?

Users who are viewing this thread